We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car boot...............

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,641 posts
1 review
car boot...............

hi,could anyone tell me if the crysler 300 or the dodge caliber have a large boot!! will have 4 suitcases....

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
516 Reviews
from US$54.99*
US$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
200 Reviews
from US$148.99*
Special Offer
3-Attraction Ticket: Icon Orlando...
22 Reviews
from US$51.99*
US$87.87
Chicago
Level Contributor
71 posts
1. Re: car boot...............

Is the boot the same as the trunk? I don't know the answer to your question but hopefully someone else here can help you.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
20,369 posts
62 reviews
2. Re: car boot...............

dodge caliber - small, not sure about the other.

West Sussex, UK
Level Contributor
96 posts
275 reviews
3. Re: car boot...............

We rented a Chrysler 300 last year and just about fitted our two suitcases in the boot (trunk). I would suggest looking to hire a SUV (e.g. Ford Explorer type) if you have that many suitcases. We have hired a Dodge Durango in the past and there was plenty of space for luggage.

nottingham, england
Level Contributor
936 posts
33 reviews
4. Re: car boot...............

For the past few years, we have had a Chrysler Sebring; which comfortably fits 3 suitcases in the boot...

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
2,205 posts
67 reviews
5. Re: car boot...............

We struggled to fit luggage for four into the Dodge Caliber (three cases) - the kids ended up sharing the back seat with the hand luggage and laptop. Also, my husband found the rear window very small and was conscious that he couldn't see enough when reversing and manoeuvering.

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,641 posts
1 review
6. Re: car boot...............

thanks for your replys..i like the look of the dodge caliber, we will have 4 suitcases, so im wondering if that car would be too much of a hassle for us...i know if the boot/trunk held 3 suitcases we could maybe squueze a suitcase in with the back passengers who will be a 2 yr old and a 13 yr old...

Newcastle
Level Contributor
19 posts
93 reviews
7. Re: car boot...............

We have a Chrysler 300 here in uk and I would not be able to fit 4 cases in the boot. Although the boot is fairly roomy the shape doesn't suit hard cases. However soft cases and holdall type bags you can fit quite a lot in.

Edited: 30 July 2010, 21:38
essex
Level Contributor
787 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: car boot...............

It depends how you want to travel...

We had a chrysler 300 and got 14 pieces of luggage in it for our return journey. 3 in the boot and the kids sat on a few! (heads on the ceiling). Also no one had leg room except for the driver. Luckily, we only had to travel a couple of miles as we did pre checkin at crossroads.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
20,369 posts
62 reviews
9. Re: car boot...............

I saw a dodge caliber in front of me the other day, it is very tiny. You will never fit 4 pieces of luggage in the trunk. Children need to have their seatbelts on at all times, they should not be sitting on top of a pile of suitcases, not safe. Your 2 year old will need to be in a car seat also. That takes up a lot of room also.

N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,828 posts
94 reviews
10. Re: car boot...............

I almost rented the caliber but I couldn't fit our four suitcases in the trunk. We settled on a Toyota Camry. I would have preferred the Dodge but for comfort we took the Camry. It fit four no problem. My sister took the Hyundai Sonata and that fit four as well.