We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA World traveller plus..How good is it??????

essex
Level Contributor
787 posts
3 reviews
BA World traveller plus..How good is it??????

Hi, Hubby booked our tickets with BA and upgraded outbound to WTP. We go in Oct and hubby wanted to wait and see if it's worth the money before upgrading for the return journey.

However, I'm worried that if we like it, there's a chance that we won't be able to upgrade at the last minute.

Anyone got any opinions and what exactly you get for the extra money?????

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
1. Re: BA World traveller plus..How good is it??????

WTP is as it says on the tin, an upgrade of economy. You get a wider, more comfortable seat, a hot towel, and a bottle of wine with your meal. You also get a choice of two newspapers, which i believe are the times and the daily mail.

I think you also get a small amount of goodies in a bag such as eye mask, socks etc, but this may have changed as i worked for BA 2 years ago.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
2. Re: BA World traveller plus..How good is it??????

Also, i believe the seat reclines further back than the regular economy.

And the crew start serving meals from the front of WTP, so you are 99% guaranteed to get your preferred choice of meal.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
3. Re: BA World traveller plus..How good is it??????

We do it the other way round to you. We don't bother with upgrading on the way out, too excited to sleep, but we do upgrade on the way back to try and get some shut eye. IMO it's worth the money, you get the extra baggage allowance as well which, if we didn't upgrade, we'd have to pay for. There is no way I could come back from Florida with only one case!!! lol !!! The most noticable difference is the leg room. My husband is 6ft 4" and does find economy a tad uncomfortable, especially during a night flight as he has to sit bolt upright to get his legs in!!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
50,033 posts
22 reviews
4. Re: BA World traveller plus..How good is it??????

It just so happens I just flew it yesterday from Gatwick to Tampa. There was a special offer for 110 pp to upgrade the outbound (a side note the fee for upgrading online via MMB last juse was only 80pp).

The flgiht was late as it couldn't get out of the hangar on time as jet in front was running an engine test. They made up half the lost time, but we were still late landing.

Best bit is the seats. Wider, recline more, with legsupport. Drinks service was the same as WT, as were meals (although we get served firts) and we are off the plane second after CW. We may have gotten more moive selection that WT but am not sure. We did get a newpaper.

Given my tickets cost 435gpb pp, I thought the 110 to upgrade was well spent as I had been up since 4am, taken two lfights then had a 1.5 hours drive with groc/pizza stop to deal with. Wouldn't spend more though.

essex
Level Contributor
787 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: BA World traveller plus..How good is it??????

Thanks for the replies! Personally I think it would have been better to upgrade on the return, but I think hubby was thinking of more room for the kids to fidget. On the way back they usually crash out, although I did spend the last return flight from mco on one bum cheek to accomodate my sprawled out sleeping 4 year old!!

I think I'll wait until he has had a few beers and get him to produce his credit card so I can upgrade in plenty of time for the return!!

6. Re: BA World traveller plus..How good is it??????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2010, 07:33