We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two Weeks in Disneyland Florida = How much will we spend

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Middlesbrough
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Two Weeks in Disneyland Florida = How much will we spend

I stayed at Florida last year, and cannot remember how much we spent.

This year I am staying at Disney Polynesian for 2 weeks, with my wife and 2 young children.

I already have park tickets, including Universal etc (bought in blighty), but wondered if anyone could guide me on how much we will need staying on a Disney property.

I was working around a budget of $3,000 and this would include meals. Is this close to been reight or way off???

Bridlington, United...
Level Contributor
530 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two Weeks in Disneyland Florida = How much will we spend

suppose it depends on what else you want to do shopping etc we go 2 adults n 2 kids (9 and 11) for 3 wks staying on I drive we are going to take at least £3000 for everything (we also already have tickets) but are wanting to do shopping days.

Jo.

pa
Level Contributor
53,800 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Two Weeks in Disneyland Florida = How much will we spend

Have you added the Disney Dining Plan already or will your Budget need to include Food/Dining ?

Middlesbrough
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Two Weeks in Disneyland Florida = How much will we spend

Partypa

I am not on the dining plan, so it will need to include food as well.

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
242 posts
311 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Two Weeks in Disneyland Florida = How much will we spend

We are a family of four, 2 older sons, one who doesn't eat much at all!!!! We easily spent £2000 - did some shopping, but meals do cost a lot, especially if you want to do things like character meals which are really worth it!! We also went in July/Aug and spent a lot on water in the parks, but it's nice and cold and def a necessity, also ice-creams, trying to keep cool!

It's better to have too much than too little, make sure you take a card or two, so you don't run out and for emergencies.

Have a look on Martin Lewis' website "www.moneysavingexpert.com" for which cards are best to take at the moment as a lot will rip you off big time!

pa
Level Contributor
53,800 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Two Weeks in Disneyland Florida = How much will we spend

Without the Dining Plan we budget about $40 per day per Adult and $10 per day for Kids. Some days we spend less and just roll it to the next day. We do a few Character meals and those end up the most pricey but worth it. If you don't plan to buy alot of toys and trinkets, IMO, $3,000 can work

Have a look at the Menus and you can get an idea of the food costs

http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm

If you have booked a Disney Package ( Resort & Park Tickets together ) you can add one of the Dining plans up til 5 days prior to arrival

How soon do you travel ?

Middlesbrough
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Two Weeks in Disneyland Florida = How much will we spend

Thanks for the link partypa.

We go in a weeks time, and I was sure I was OK with the budget, but now its getting closer, I'm just wanting to make sure.

Thanks for all the help.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Two Weeks in Disneyland Florida = How much will we spend

It's Disney World

Disneyland is California

Just thought i'd let you know :)

Sussex
Level Contributor
953 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Two Weeks in Disneyland Florida = How much will we spend

Bear in mind how much you plan on eating and have a look at the disney dining plan, you could save yourself a bit of money, or atleast get more food for your money.

On our last trip we only had 1 quick service meal a day, but if you plan on having 2 you could save yourself a bit. This way food would be paid for in advanced and whatever money you took would just be for those extras. Think for your family it would be about $1000 for food thats with 2 quick service a day (with desert and drink) + 2 snacks + resort refillable mug, per person.

Katrina

Quigley's Point...
Level Contributor
2,763 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Two Weeks in Disneyland Florida = How much will we spend

Aisling

and Paris ;-)

10. Re: Two Weeks in Disneyland Florida = How much will we spend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2010, 06:27