We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best Disney World resort pool for 4 and 1 year old

Foothills of Denver
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Topic
best Disney World resort pool for 4 and 1 year old

Suggestions for which resort has the best pool for 4 and 1 year olds? Don't need a baby pool, in particular, but if there is one, that's great for the younger one. More concerned about availability of shade, umbrellas, perhaps less crowded or less rowdy older kids?

Thanks!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best Disney World resort pool for 4 and 1 year old

The Beach and Yacht Club have a great pool for the younger kids (I would not call it a baby pool)....zero entry, sand bottom, shallow all the way around...large sand mound in center where they can build sand castles, etc....there is also a much larger pool with a lazy river for adults and older kids so they stay out of the other pool (for the most part).....they have games and prizes in the younger pool focused on the age set as well.....when my niece was 4 and 5, she loved it......in fact, we continue to stay there as we like the pools there the best....

Cheers,

M

pa
Level Contributor
54,995 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: best Disney World resort pool for 4 and 1 year old

I think all the Pools are great. The ones we like the most and have an area of shade are Port Orleans Riverside and Animal Kingdom Lodge. Stormalong Bay at the Yacht & Beach Club is Wonderful but too big to keep track of toddlers at, IMO

Mentioned in this post
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
Disney's Port Orleans...
9,392 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Disney's Animal Kingdom...
7,525 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best Disney World resort pool for 4 and 1 year old

Agree with Partypa that Stormalong Bay (lazy river) is not appropriate for the little ones but the shallow, sand bottom pool to the right of the main pool is great for them....they also have a smaller "kiddie" pool and slide close to the beach(aross the walkway from the main resort pools) that is perfect and u can wait at the bottom of the slide for them.....

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,169 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: best Disney World resort pool for 4 and 1 year old

I agree with MDJ! The sandy kiddie area of Stormalong is separate from the main pool complex and doesn't have access to the lazy river although it does link to a deeper part of the still pool on the Yacht Club side. We sat near this area last May and it's really nice, especially if your little ones like the sand. There's also a second kiddie pool at the base of the main water slide that has its own slide for the younger set.

I'd be more concerned with older kids (say, 5-8) that might not be content with these areas and drift over to the lazy river which is quite deep in areas!

Jennifer

Edited: 18 January 2010, 23:55
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
19 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best Disney World resort pool for 4 and 1 year old

My kids really love the pools at POP CENTURY. The added bonus is that it's a value resort so it cost much less. Caribbean Beach has the new PIRATE SHIP waterpark pool. That's also an option.

Mentioned in this post
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Pop Century...
11,296 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
23,803 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best Disney World resort pool for 4 and 1 year old

AKL has been our choice. There is a zero entry in the main pool,a kids pool,nearby playground,flamingos to gawk at close by,great hotel,best counter service(Mara) to get a meal and a nice slide that is not too scary for little ones

Mentioned in this post
Mara
Mara
818 Reviews
Orlando, FL
7. Re: best Disney World resort pool for 4 and 1 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2010, 07:16