We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Enclave Suites

aberdeen
Level Contributor
98 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Enclave Suites

Has anyone stayed at the enclave suites before? Going across in October and thinking about staying there, read some very mixed reviews about it

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
190 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Enclave Suites

Hi scotsoldier,

Haven't stayed there but know where they are, they are right next to Funspot, i think thats what its called, which has go-karts and it gets quite noisey also they are not a very nice looking building. I think i would give them a miss. Does it have to be a suite? There are a few other suites like Homewood, also across the lake from the enclave is The Point Orlando Resort which is suites and quite a new build, it looks really nice. We stayed in the Best western Orlando gateway next to the point, £350 for 2wks back in june. Hope this helps

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
aberdeen
Level Contributor
98 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Enclave Suites

Thanks footie fan, we are quite limited to which hotels we can stay in due to the package holiday we are choosing

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
190 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Enclave Suites

The best western orlando gateway used to be called the Clarion Universal and only changed while we were there in June, some companies are still using the old name. What other hotels can u chose from and maybe some people can give you advice

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
stevenage herts
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Enclave Suites

hi we stayed there in 2005 and we are going back this yr in August again to enclave suites, yes it is next to fun spot but ask for building 3 when u get there and u are not disturbed by any noise, as for the state of the rooms they are average, its not a 3 star hotel its a basic hotel no frills or anything but the space in the apartments is good this is one of the reasons we decised to go back, one bedroom has 2 single beds in it and its own bathoom with shower, the lounge has a pull out double bed settee, a bit worn but considering how many visitors orlando has we thought it was ok, this goes into a open planned area with a kitchenet, a basic 2 ring stove, a grill and microwave, basic utensils and dishwasher, 2nd bedroom has double bed with own bathroom this room only has a shower in no bath, each room has built in wardrobes and a safe inside, ...................... yes things were a bit worn in places but nothing was dirty in our 2 apartments we had, my suggestion is if you do decide to go here when u get to your apartment check all equipment , wardrobes, drawers, utensils for any breakages as you do not want to be held responible for these at the end of your holiday and lose the deposit you have to leave at reception,...........as for around the hotel, you have a supermarket across the road which is also the post office, chillis at top of road, and tgi fridays across the road, i ride stops in a 2 min walk at top of road to go to seaworld/universal or outlet stores etc, ponderosa just round the corner along with a walgreens and kfc 10 min walk away, the hotel looks over wet and wild and a huge lake................for the price you pay we thought this was a good hotel for the space we would never go back to room only hotel again .................any questions just ask hope thi helps a little x chelly x

New Forest
Level Contributor
198 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Enclave Suites

Hi,

I have stayed at The Enclaves twice and would stay there again. For the price we got our holiday you can't expect a 5* accomodation. The rooms were good, pools above average and the staff we friendly. The location of the Enclaves was perfect for what we wanted and they offered a free breakfast box and free transport to theme parks (excluding Disney). After staying in some basic places in Greece the Enclaves was like luxury.

Thanks Toni

essex
Level Contributor
787 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Enclave Suites

Personally, I wouldn't touch the place with a bargepole.

We were in block 3 and it was nasty. The whole place needs renovating and there were always suspicious people hanging around. the entrance to the blocks. (Never saw any security). In hindsight, it seems that the Enclave probably rents out rooms long term in non peak times (we went in Jan) and these people are often less than desireable (think low rate motel!!)

Staff were rude and often pretended not to understand you, particularly if a problem occured.

We stayed there for one night and that was too long.

Possibly the only thing going for it is the proximity to I drive. I presume that you are not hiring a car??

essex
Level Contributor
787 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Enclave Suites

Just rereading some of the replies about not expecting too much for the money...

We moved from the Enclave (2 bed manky suite) to Vista Cay, where we were allocated a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom brand new condo. It had a luxury kitchen, washing machine, dryer, plasma tv, dvd and psp and balcony. The clubhouse had internet, gamesroom and there was a fab swimming pool and jacuzzi. There is a supermarket next door and a couple of restaurants too. Location wise it is on Universal Blvd, which runs paralell with I drive. It's a little bit more walking, but you still could manage without a car. And the best bit is.... It was the SAME PRICE as the Enclave!!!!!

8. Re: Enclave Suites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2010, 07:16