We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October Disney visit = Halloween themes & shows?

Ranson, West...
Level Contributor
535 posts
22 reviews
October Disney visit = Halloween themes & shows?

Looking at visiting Disney for the first time w/ my 10 year old Son in early October. Will the themes/shows/decor be mainly Halloween themed at that point? If so, we'll look at changing our dates. We do not celebrate Halloween.

pa
Level Contributor
55,171 posts
1. Re: October Disney visit = Halloween themes & shows?

Halloween Decorations go up the first week of September and are quickly changed to Christmas on Nov 1st

If you are looking to avoid seeing any, best to go late August

I will say, the decorations at Disney are Cute and not Spooky or Scary. Lots of Fall colours and Pumpkins, that sort of thing

Ranson, West...
Level Contributor
535 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: October Disney visit = Halloween themes & shows?

So more autumn & fall themed instead of Halloween? I know of amusement parks that at dusk change up their whole theme & look & environment throughout the whole park for Halloween events, for example Busch Gardens Williamsburg offers Howl O' Scream in September & October, & every night during that time frame the entire park changes, the lighting, the music, the decorations, spooks & ghosts & goblins come out, certain rides get turned into 'haunted houses', etc & it's pretty scary for kids, there is a 'traffic jam' parents trying to rush out as fast as they can before it all starts. Does Disney do anything like that?

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
3. Re: October Disney visit = Halloween themes & shows?

Hi Eliziam

I was sort of a bit scared to to bring my now 7 year , but she was 6,5 year when we went last year for the Halloween at Disney and I had not thought of doing the halloween party there at all, but talked abit with her about it and decided to try it out since this isn´t something we do much out of here in Denmark, well she loved that Halloween party there is nothing to be scared of at all. Most of the time we took some rides, she changed pins with other girls she was dressed in a butterfly costume and we meet a lot of characters there and all looked nice nothing to be afraid of, we qued to get sweets outside sweet places wich is included in the Halloween ticket.

You don´t need to buy a ticket for this party if not want to at all.

its a special event and its a exctra ticket needed. You can do another park that day the party is on when You are going.

At the same time there is food & wine festival in Epcot around the land its a nice thing to do go tast different countrys food specialtys :-)

We did that and at the same time we did the kim possible tour and got a mobilphone that we got questions in and then we went for that place to find a special thing, sort of a good way to see things You would not see without this game thing I think.

Mutter

pa
Level Contributor
55,171 posts
4. Re: October Disney visit = Halloween themes & shows?

Disney is very Family and Kid Friendly, not scary at all, IMO

The Name of thier Halloween Party is

Mickey's NOT SO SCARY Halloween Party

Not creepy, not spooky, just fun. We have been many times with kids under 6, they love it

Ranson, West...
Level Contributor
535 posts
22 reviews
5. Re: October Disney visit = Halloween themes & shows?

Thank you! We are now considering maybe the first week after Labor day as well, since kids will just be going back to school I hear it's probably a slow week at Disney.

My son's birthday is in October, they used to do something free ( I can't remember if it was a free night at the resort or a free ticket for the child) for kids if visiting on their birthday, do they still do this?

pa
Level Contributor
55,171 posts
6. Re: October Disney visit = Halloween themes & shows?

The Free Ticket on your Birthday was the 2009 Promotion :(

There would still be lots of Magic for him this year. Disney is a wonderful place to Celebrate a Birthday

The week after Labor day is a good time to go for lower crowds. If you are planning to stay at a Disney Resort, we are hopeful the Free Dining Promotion will be offered again this year for that time frame, that makes it even more Magical :)

For a history of Disney Discounts

mousesavers.com/historicalwdwdiscounts.html

Charlotte, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina
Level Contributor
3,076 posts
31 reviews
7. Re: October Disney visit = Halloween themes & shows?

For low crowds and historical good Disney discounts September is a good time to go. Just remember however September is still a very hot, humid month in Florida. It is also the height of hurricane season; although hurricane force winds rarely effect Orlando; storms sometimes cause heavy rains and winds. I don't usually run away from planning vacations to hurricane prone areas, but I do prefer Disney World when it's not so terribly hot. It sounds like you don't have to plan around your son's school calendar, so my suggestion would be November before Thanksgiving, or early December. In November the weather is mild, warm enough for swimming, etc. but cool enough that you're not sweating to death in the parks. In early December, the Disney parks are beautifully decorated for Christmas, the weather is normally still mild, and the crowds are low. Disney usually has some good discounts available then too. That has become my favorite time of year to go to Disney World.

Ranson, West...
Level Contributor
535 posts
22 reviews
8. Re: October Disney visit = Halloween themes & shows?

Very good points. I do think that Sept would be too hot. I think I will stick with my original thought on going in October, or maybe even in November as was one of your suggestions. Thank you!

9. Re: October Disney visit = Halloween themes & shows?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2010, 05:17