We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florida Everglades

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Florida Everglades

We are flying in to Florida on Feb 27th 2012, picking up a car at Orlando and touring for three weeks. I have done quite a bit of research but have come a bit unstuck when trying to find the best place to stay for exploring the Everglades. Any ideas, recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Jennifer Leach

Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,294 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Florida Everglades

We love Port of the Islands, between Marco Island and Everglades City. It is a really cool, quaint hotel with outside bungalows near the water (canal). The main hotel has a big room with pool tables, internet, big screen television with comfortable couches, and books to borrow. If you only like 5 star hotels, it probably wouldn't be your cup of tea, but otherwise, I think it's one to check out.

http://poiresort.com/

Also, since you are going down in February and you are interested in seeing the Everglades, you might want to consider a FREE tour with the Big Cypress Preserve. Look at the schedule below if interested.

nps.gov/bicy/…Final-RLAS-2011-2012_HIRES.pdf

Edited: 17 January 2012, 00:32
Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
1,718 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Florida Everglades

Is the primary focus of your trip the Everglades or will you be spending quite a bit of time in Naples as well?

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Florida Everglades

Hi thanks for your reply. Our intention is to drive down the west coast and back up the east coast spending maybe two or three nights at points of interest along the way.We do intend to stay in the Naples area but can consider other options. The main thing is to see the real Florida as we have never visited the state before. We are from the UK.

Many thanks

Jennifer Leach

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
1,718 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Florida Everglades

Hi Jennifer -

For exploring the Everglades I would suggest staying in Everglades City.

Captains Table Lodge and Villas -

http://www.captainstablehotel.com/home.cfm

Ivey House

http://iveyhouse.com/

There are restaurants and several options for tours, kayaking, canoeing, airboats, in Everglades City and the adjoining island - Chokoloskee

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Florida Everglades

Hi, Thankyou so much for your advice.It all looks very acceptable

Best wishes

Jennifer Leach

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
1,718 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Florida Everglades

You are welcome, Jennifer. Let me know if you have any questions about Naples.

Patti

Level Contributor
11 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Florida Everglades

Hi we are coming to Naples in march staying at the Naples bay. Can you suggest nice Restaurants. We like seafood and nice places. Also love to shop.

Level Contributor
11 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Florida Everglades

Hi we are coming to Naples in march staying at the Naples bay. Can you suggest nice Restaurants. We like seafood and nice places. Also love to shop.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,758 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Florida Everglades

Glenugie, start your own topic. Your request doesn't even match this topic. And you've double posted.

Edited: 22 February 2012, 00:07
Level Contributor
11 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Florida Everglades

Sorry about that. First time I have used this site.

Get answers to your questions about Naples