We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Update of my review "A ruined wedding"

Washington, D.C.
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Update of my review "A ruined wedding"

I have previously reviewed this Bed and Breakfast. However, TripAdvisor does not have a way for me to update or edit my previous review. So I'm creating a new one. I noticed recently that the "management" of the Herlong Mansion wrote on my review. Unfortunately, for her, I was critiquing the mansion and not the caterers. I understand that the Herlong wants to defend its reputation; however, almost everything she stated in her response was untrue. I know that the Bride for one was extremely upset about the entire wedding and how the staff (caterers and mansion staff) treated the guests. I held my friend as she cried her eyes out.

I also would like to note the continued unprofessionalism showed by the management of the Herlong. To state that the wedding guests are to blame for the ruined wedding is completely rude and in bad taste. The fact that the management has chosen to lay the blame completely at the guests' feet is ridiculous and petty.

At one point during the night, guests were forced to visit another building to go to the bathroom; even though the Bride and Groom specifically paid extra money per-head to use the facilities in the mansion. Since the bathroom was "out of order," I was forced to use the bathroom in the long hall. While I was in there, I overheard staff members lambasting the mothers of the Bride and Groom and making disparaging remarks about the guests. These staff member need to be trained better.

As anyone who is reading the reviews here can see, once this new owner took over, the mansion has been in a downward slide. It is rather sad, since the Groom has loved the location since he was a child.

Once again, I would stay clear of this place. The unprofessionalism of the new management alone should make visitors run for the hills.

1. Re: Update of my review "A ruined wedding"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2010, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Micanopy