We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking On Ocean drive

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
158 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Parking On Ocean drive

Visiting Ocean Drive in May Staying in Hotel near Mangos,can anyone help regarding parking of car.

Can I park on street or have to use parking lot?

If so how much am I likley to pay.Dont mind walking but not to far

Many Thanks

Guzply

m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
6,480 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking On Ocean drive

I assume you're asking for several hours at a time, or overnight. Your best bet will be the large parking ramps at the corner of Collins and 13'th (enter from 13'th) or Collins and 7'th (enter from 7'th). Rates are $1/hour or $20/day, a bit higher if you enter the lots weekend evenings. Steet parking is hit or miss and probably more suited to short periods.

Wheat Ridge...
Level Contributor
5,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking On Ocean drive

Your hotel may have parking, but the big structures may be cheaper. Street parking is very limited and the regulations are rigorously enforced. You don't really even need a car in South Beach. If you have just some days when you need it, you can rent one right in South Beach.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
843 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking On Ocean drive

I should note that when "rk" refers to "ramps" he also means parking garages. That is good advice. There is metered parking on Ocean, but it is almost impossible to find, and if you do find any, it will cost you $1,.75/hour any time except between 3 and 8 AM. Wheatie gives good advice about having and not having cars in South Beach. There are 25 cent shuttles and $2 buses that will take you wherever you need to go.

This is a good opportunity to remind everyone that when a sign in Miami Beach says "Towaway Zone," they mean it! The towing companies use spotters, and you can leave your car for literally 2 or 3 minutes and come back to find it being hitched up or gone. Parking in an empty lot by a closed business where there is such a sign posted? Don't even think about it! Your car can also be towed if you park in a free lot owned by a store or restaurant and are then spotted going elsewhere, even if you have patronized that business first.

4. Re: Parking On Ocean drive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 02:42