We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Green Motion Car Rental

1 post
Save Topic
Green Motion Car Rental

Anyone heard of them?

I booked through economycarrentals.com and they gave me this one, Green Motion car rental. Never heard of them. It seems they base in UK and just started in US, only in 4 locations in Florida.

Any experience?

Best Seller
Speedboat Sightseeing Tour of Miami
169 Reviews
from US$38.00*
Special Offer
Key West Day Trip
398 Reviews
from US$49.99*
US$75.00
Miami to Key West Day Trip with...
32 Reviews
from US$39.00*
136 replies to this topic
Brasilia, DF
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
121. Re: Green Motion Car Rental

Thank you for your advice...

I send 2 email asking about TOOL and the answer was: "Thank you for your email. Yes, you can purchase sunpass / toll transponders for $19.99 per day. This is available to purchase directly from the rental desk."

I'm not feel comfortable to rent with them. There are more informations at google about this Rent a Car.

maryland
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
122. Re: Green Motion Car Rental

The worse experience you can ever have renting a car. They hold $500 even though I had a major credit card. The customer service representative was welcoming and they all seemed to be too busy to fulfill the customer's needs. It has been a week since I returned the car and I ended up calling my bank to request a dispute as they still had a pending hold for $500 in my account. I just read the reviews and noticed that they engaged in this type of practice with customers. They don't take American Express. Upon returning the car, two young guys were conversing and paid no attention to us arriving and pulling in right in front of them. They ignored us and upon us walking into the office. One of them waves at us to come back out. I stayed there and watch and the guy came back telling me that he was calling us. I told him that he had ignored us and he took a nasty attitude. My overall experience has been the worse I have ever encountered renting a car. I will be for sure my My first​ and last time ever to rent from them.

maryland
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
123. Re: Green Motion Car Rental

The worse experience you can ever have renting a car. They hold $500 even though I had a major credit card. The customer service representative was welcoming and they all seemed to be too busy to fulfill the customer's needs. It has been a week since I returned the car and I ended up calling my bank to request a dispute as they still had a pending hold for $500 in my account. I just read the reviews and noticed that they engaged in this type of practice with customers. They don't take American Express. Upon returning the car, two young guys were conversing and paid no attention to us arriving and pulling in right in front of them. They ignored us and upon us walking into the office. One of them waves at us to come back out. I stayed there and watch and the guy came back telling me that he was calling us. I told him that he had ignored us and he took a nasty attitude. My overall experience has been the worse I have ever encountered renting a car. I will be for sure my My first​ and last time ever to rent from them.

2 posts
Save Reply
124. Re: Green Motion Car Rental

Green Motion is the worst experience I ever had with a car rental. Run away.

2 posts
Save Reply
125. Re: Green Motion Car Rental

Green Motion is the worst experience I ever had with a car rental. The rental is off site. Waited in line for a half an hour. Got up to the desk they didn't have the Altima I had reserved and stuck me with a minivan. Next I went to waive the insurance since my insurance covers rentals. Never had to show proof before at any of the other rentals. They insisted on $250 policy. It was late and raining and they are off site from the airport so I had know othe recource but to pay. It was la dark lot so I didn't notice the huge crease in the hood, bald tires and dryrotted windshield wipers. Totaly dangerous in the rain. Run do not walk away.

Atibaia, SP
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
126. Re: Green Motion Car Rental

I did not even know which category to classify my complaint about this company due to the huge amount of problems.

First, I arrived at the place and had paid insurance for Allianz. There were a couple of Germans in front of me who took so long to be . When it came our turn, we understood why: the insurance paid would not count and we would be OBLIGATED to hire another insurance directly with the rental company. I had already paid 83 $ in the rent and $ 67 in the insurance, values ​​that would not be returned to us if we decided not to take the extra insurance - which, by the way, did not cover anything, was just a way to collect money, since if we had an accident, we would have to pay the $ 2,000 fee. It was the same doubt that the couple of Germans had and before we had done the same as them and decided to give up the rent ... But we ended up deciding to pay the $ 200 because we did not want to ruin our vacation.

Well, fate wanted us that we had an accident the next day we arrived in Orlando. Nothing serious happened, we did all the correct procedures.

When the day came to return the car, I presented the documents to the clerk, and he did not accept it, refusing to believe that he had actually made an incident report and calling the POLICE. Thank God my English is great and I was able to explain to the police officer and show him the documents, which verified the authenticity and gave a sermon to the clerk. But that alone would be enough for two processes: lack of clarity in information and discrimination because I am from another country!

Well believe it or not, it does not end there. After they had charged me $ 2,000 retroactively on my credit card and without my authorization, I was advised by the clerk to ask for reimbursement from the other insurer who had contracted-proving once again that what they offer is totally useless and one way to extort our money !!!!!!! To do this, it should send documents proving the accident, including the receipt of the workshop counting the total value of the repair, which would be sent by email.

Here I am, three months later, still waiting to receive this receipt! I must emphasize that numerous calls were made, several emails were sent, and I was always deceived to believe that it would soon be sent to me. At this exact moment I'm on the phone waiting on hold for 45 minutes, since I said that this time I would not hang up without them sending me the document !!!!

THE WORST COMPANY EVER!!!!

Roswell, Georgia
Level Contributor
1 post
111 reviews
Save Reply
127. Re: Green Motion Car Rental

Stay away from this company. They are the worst. They did not speak English and we bought a Florida pass for 100.00 to go through one toll. When we explained to them we would only be driving one trip needing the pass. They took over 45 mins to check us in and all people were complaining of the same thing. Never use this company. they will steal from you saying they dont understand you.

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
128. Re: Green Motion Car Rental

Great treat and advice, very happy with the car rental and the clerk, Kevin.

Highly recommended

1 post
Save Reply
129. Re: Green Motion Car Rental

I rented car from Green Motion at Orlando in June. The whole experience was a nightmare. Firstly they refused to accept my insurance. I was stranded at their office at 9:30 PM with my family. With no choice I was forced to buy insurance at double the standard insurance price. Then they were forcing to take sunpass as daily rental for $13 per day. But my friends informed me that I can get pre-paid sunpass which I got. But I could not attach that with the car as they had fine of $50 on the existing sunpass. When I asked them to clear that so that I can attach my prepaid sunpass they refused (I spent 2 hours over phone trying to sort this out during my vacation day). I was forced to avoid tolls using google maps. I never had such terrible experience renting car in my life. Worst experience by far. Such unethical companies go down the drain eventually due to their practices.

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
130. Re: Green Motion Car Rental

Please DO NOT use this company. They will scam you. First they draw you in with advertise prices whike making tthe reservation and then DESTROY you on the pick up date with additional fees like crazy.

Reply to: Green Motion Car Rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted