We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days in Miami

Winter Springs...
Level Contributor
34 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
2 days in Miami

We're staying at Atton Brickell with two teen girls and would like to do Wynwood, Little Havana, South Beach, Bayside, and Vizcaya. We'll have a car. What is parking like at Wynwood and Little Havana? Are the Wynwood wings walking distance from the walls? Are there parking garages near south beach? Is South Beach safe after dark? I'd like to see it lit up. Or is Uber a better alternative to any of these places? Thanks in advance.

Best Seller
Miami Speedboat Tour with Star...
166 Reviews
from US$38.00*
Special Offer
Miami to Key West Day Trip Tour With...
398 Reviews
from US$49.99*
US$75.00
Miami to Key West Day Trip with...
30 Reviews
from US$39.00*
3 replies to this topic
Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
6,310 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 days in Miami

I live in Brickell and have a car. I usually take Uber to Wynwood and Little Havana.

You can drive to Vizcaya and Bayside Marketplace or take a short walk from your hotel and catch the Brickell metromover to both places. Miami trolley is another option.

miamiandbeaches.com/plan-your-trip/…trolleys

I would drive to South Beach and plan on parking in a public garage, such as the one on 16th Street.

m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
7,848 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 days in Miami

If I understand your meaning, Wynwood wings are 3 blocks west of the Wynwood walls, on NW 5 Ave, about a 10 min walk. That Ave has some nice art as well, worth a stroll.

Re. Parking, you can use Uber/Lyft/Taxi to all three places, or drive. Parking is street meters at Wynwood and Little Havana. They are not meters that accept cash, you’ll need to use a smartphone and install the PayByPhone app. In Wynwood, most convenient will be parking a couple of blocks W of the Wynwood walls. In Little Havana, any of the cross avenues that are perpendicular to SW 8 Street between 13 and 18 Ave. Rates are abiut $1.75/hour.

In south beach, avoid parking at street meters ($4/hour). Park instead at one of several municipal parking ramps ($2/hour). The two most convenient for you should be the aforementioned garage on 16 Street, between Collins and Washington, or the one on 7 Street between Collins and Washington.

South beach is very safe at night in the areas you’re likely to visit, such as Ocean Drive, the beachwalk, Lincoln Rd, Collins Ave etc. While not dangerous, avoid dark alleys, the beach itself (closed after 10 pm), or parks that seem too dark or lonely. In general you’ll find tons of people, and businesses open until late.

Winter Springs...
Level Contributor
34 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 days in Miami

Thank you

Reply to: 2 days in Miami
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted