We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how far longboat to lido beach

uk
Level Contributor
291 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
how far longboat to lido beach

thinking of stopping hilton longboat, how far drive to lido beach also want to do day trip to sanibel if worth drive?

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
4,186 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how far longboat to lido beach

I'm not sure why you would go to Lido Beach if you're on an equally good, or better, and less crowded beach at the Hilton. But if you wanted to do that, it is about 9 miles. Perhaps you were thinking about St. Armands Circle? That would be just about a half-mile shorter; St. Armands is where many shops and restaurants are.

And a day trip to Sanibel. I think most people would agree that it would be very worthwhile; a totally different beach experience (many shells) as well as a wonderful nature preserve. It would be a very long day, though, to get there and back.

Mentioned in this post
Lido Beach
Lido Beach
1,071 Reviews
Sarasota, FL
St. Armands Circle
St. Armands Circle
4,862 Reviews
Sarasota, FL
Sanibel Island
Sanibel Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
uk
Level Contributor
291 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how far longboat to lido beach

is the side of longboat, lido beach side or siesta key im a little confused. I read on a website st almonds circle is 5 mins drive thats not far. Do you know of any restaurants bars neat hilton hotel. Thinking of staying there or holiday inn lido.

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
4,186 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how far longboat to lido beach

Perhaps this will help to clarify. There are four long and quite narrow islands off the Sarasota/Bradenton area. At the south is Siesta Key, maybe 8 miles long. Next comes Lido Key, about 1 1/2 miles long. Then comes Longboat Key, about 10 miles long. Then at the north comes Anna Maria Island, about 10+ miles long. These are all separate areas, though you can get from one to another.

Siesta Key is connected to the mainland by two short bridges. Lido Key is connected to the mainland by another bridge which first goes through a small area called St. Armands Circle. Longboat Key is not directly connected to the mainland but you get to it by going through St. Armands Circle. Anna Maria is connected to Longboat Key and it also has two bridges directly going over to the mainland. Siesta, Lido, Longboat and Anna Maria all have beaches on their West side that are directly on the Gulf. On the East side of each, the islands face Sarasota Bay. Each place has a different character, and each has its plusses and minuses. You can stay on any of them and there are restaurants on any of them. And you'll find people who think one of them is a "special" place. As a local Sarasotan, I like each of them for different reasons, some more than others. But as a visitor I don't think you'll be unhappy with any of the four.

Mentioned in this post
Sarasota
Sarasota
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Bradenton
Bradenton
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Lido Key
Lido Key
Sarasota, FL
St. Armands Circle
St. Armands Circle
4,862 Reviews
Sarasota, FL
Lido Beach Resort
Lido Beach Resort
1,718 Reviews
Sarasota, FL
Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
4,186 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how far longboat to lido beach

mandUK -- I posted a response to your question about restaurants and Hilton vs. Holiday Inn on the other thread.

5. Re: how far longboat to lido beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 16:19