We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hilton longboat or helmsley sandcastle (oct)

uk
Level Contributor
285 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
hilton longboat or helmsley sandcastle (oct)

Hi we can get in the hilton longboat or helmsley where do you recommend. The only thing that puts me off helmsley is the shared balcony, nightmare if you have a load neighbour! lol.. Also is there bars and a restaurant walking distance to hilton longboat?

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: hilton longboat or helmsley sandcastle (oct)

bump. I'm interested in both properties too! I've heard the Hemsley is a little dated, but the beach is awesome. The Hilton looks a little nicer on-line, but not sure. Curious to see what others say.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hilton longboat or helmsley sandcastle (oct)

The Hilton is mid-island. there is not much in walking distance.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: hilton longboat or helmsley sandcastle (oct)

in your opinion, which is a nicer property? The original post wanted something in walking distance, but I really don't need that as long as I can drive somewhere in 10 minutes.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hilton longboat or helmsley sandcastle (oct)

Sorry, I have only driven past. As a resident, i do not stay locally most of the time. Helmsley would have more stuff walkable (St. Armand's), but there is some type of trolley available on Longboat, so you could easily get to other places without driving.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,863 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hilton longboat or helmsley sandcastle (oct)

The Helmsley is in dire need of a remodeling, but as stated, has a grest location. Depends on what you want.

You can read reviews for these places on this TA page under "Hotels" and for the Helmsley type the name in the search box for reviews (on the Sarasota TA page).

~SRQgirl

uk
Level Contributor
285 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hilton longboat or helmsley sandcastle (oct)

hi since my previos forums i have booked hilton clearwatwer and we plan to day trip to siesta key and sanibel. However since i have booked clearwater the longboat hilton sound really good , lots of good restaurants within 10 min drive plus local trolley stops outside hotel and runs till 10 30pm I would booke longboat hilton.

7. Re: hilton longboat or helmsley sandcastle (oct)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 15:20
Get answers to your questions about Longboat Key
Recent Conversations