We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Veranda Beach Club v. Casa del Mar v. Palm Bay Club

Milwaukee, WI
2 posts
1 review
Veranda Beach Club v. Casa del Mar v. Palm Bay Club

Have always enjoyed the feedback from this forum and find it very helpful. We are trying to decide between Veranda Beach Club (Longobat), Casa del Mar (Longboat) and Palm Bay Club (Siesta) for lodging over Easter with two children ages 9 and 15. We enjoy the beach and pool activities and would appreciate any observations or recommendations...Thanks in advance.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
11,249 posts
180 reviews
1. Re: Veranda Beach Club v. Casa del Mar v. Palm Bay Club

For families I always recommend Siesta Key vs. Longboat Key. It is a more family oriented place..IMO. Some very good places to rent water sports equipment etc. Siesta Village is fun to walk around.

The Palm Bay Club is a great place to stay with many options as far as condos...

A trip to Longboat Key to visit the Mote Marine Aquarium is definitely recommended...and take their boat ride (extra $$)

~SRQgirl

Milwaukee, WI
2 posts
1 review
2. Re: Veranda Beach Club v. Casa del Mar v. Palm Bay Club

SRQgirl...Thanks for the advice. I have heard wonderful things about both Siesta Key and Longboat Key. Look forward to the warm weather in a few weeks...Thanks again

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
3. Re: Veranda Beach Club v. Casa del Mar v. Palm Bay Club

I agree, Longboat is not really a kid oriented place. Siesta Key is much better for families.

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
4,186 posts
109 reviews
4. Re: Veranda Beach Club v. Casa del Mar v. Palm Bay Club

Aw, you guys, I keep having to rescue Longboat's reputation as kid-friendly! My bias towards Longboat comes from vacationing there for 20+ years when our own kids were growing up and they absolutely adored it ... hours on uncrowded beaches, rental bikes to ride along a safe bike path and in-and-out of a park area, motoring along the bay in a small boat with Dad, evenings at an ice cream/fudge shop on St. Armands, visits to the Mote Aquarium, etc. When they come to visit us now they insist on going out to Longboat to relive old memories. Is Longboat busy and hectic, nope; but it is a relaxed and fun vacation time. Could you have a great time on Siesta as well, sure, though perhaps it will be less restful? If you choose Longboat I don't think the kids (or you) will be moping about it!

Of the two Longboat places, I lean towards Veranda Beach Club, though either one would be excellent. Veranda is a bit newer (I think) and seems fresher, and it's somewhat closer to Mote and St. Armands. On the other hand, Casa Del Mar is in a slightly quieter area of Longboat (though all of Longboat is quiet); Casa Del Mar is also closer to a bike shop and some fun, casual restaurants.

5. Re: Veranda Beach Club v. Casa del Mar v. Palm Bay Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 09:18
Get answers to your questions about Longboat Key
Recent Conversations