We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay on way back to FLL?

United States
Level Contributor
439 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay on way back to FLL?

We are leaving kw on a sat for an 8 am flight home on Sunday out of FLL. We will take our time driving back but not sure what is best area to stay before early morning flight. Hotels in Fort Lauderdale are really pricey due to cruises....

Appreciate all the help from this forum!

SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
12,104 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay on way back to FLL?

Have you looked at Lauderdale By The Sea? It is a small town just north of Fort Lauderdale with many smaller hotels.

You might be better off posting on the Fort Lauderdale forum to see what they can suggest.

Michigan
Level Contributor
2,454 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay on way back to FLL?

When I had the same issue I bid on a hotel on ft lauderdale beach on Priceline and got a good rate at a nice hotel. Worth a shot. Also check Hotwire hot rates.

Level Contributor
359 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay on way back to FLL?

We've had good luck with Hyatt Place and I think Hyatt House(??), next to each other, close to FLL and also a shuttle. Free breakfast, nice little bar & food at night. And very cheap, I think $74 last visit.

Rockaway Beach, NY
Level Contributor
359 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay on way back to FLL?

Another vote for Lauderdale by the Sea. My wife and I always stop for a night or two on the way home from KW. Check out Shore Haven Resort. Not truly a resort but it's clean and affordable, close to everything and only a half hour maybe 40 minute drive to the airport.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
157 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay on way back to FLL?

We have the same situation and I found reasonable hotels in Hollywood Beach. It's only 20 mins from FLL.

The broadwalk is right on the beach and has lots of hotels, restaurants, and bars on it. We will be able to relax, or get something to eat without having to drive anywhere until we need to leave for the airport.

Washington
Level Contributor
583 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay on way back to FLL?

Another vote for Hollywood beach. Love the boardwalk and plenty to do for a night or two close by if you don't want to drive.

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,107 posts
439 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay on way back to FLL?

We stay in Pompano Beach. Just a 20 minute drive to airport. Right on beach and many places to choose from.

Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay on way back to FLL?

It appears you are just asking for a place to stay near the airport so I would say the Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port. Sure, Lauderdale by the Sea is nice so is Hollywood Beach if you want to go out for dinner and drinks and have nightlife, but if you just need something nice, clean, super close to the airport for an early morning flight, this will fit the bill.

marriott.com/hotels/…

Edited: 21 February 2016, 22:41
Ohio
Level Contributor
181 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay on way back to FLL?

We stayed at the Rodeway Inn about 2 miles from FLL last year- it was far from fancy, but was clean and had a pool and restaurant on site (and free breakfast). We used our points, but the regular rates were pretty cheap. We filled up the rental car on the way to the airport and passed a couple of gas stations on the way to do so. It was super easy and quick. We actually ended up getting to the airport really early. There are a bunch of similar hotels as well like other posters suggested. This year we are staying at the new Margaritaville in Hollywood for a couple nights and making a little end of vacation out of it coming back.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
16,338 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay on way back to FLL?

There is a Sheraton at Cypress Creek that is very convenient. We stay there when flying out of FLL.