We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eerie Capt. Tony's question...

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Eerie Capt. Tony's question...

Last week my friend and I were seated at the bar in Capt Tony's, the side nearest the T-shirt desk and towards the front. This was her first visit ever and she was snapping pictures. In one of the pics she took looking towards the back of the bar and up towards the ceiling, there is what clearly looks like a hazy skull, with very definitive features. Our question: Did we miss something and is there perhaps a plaque of some kind up there, or did she just take a very creepy picture? If anyone wants to venture in and look,for us, the "apparition" appeared just above and to the right of a red bra that was hanging next to a coral bra.

Altoona...
Level Contributor
448 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Eerie Capt. Tony's question...

Never noticed that before, and I've spent a good bit of time at Capt. Tony's. Maybe its the spirit of someone who was hung from the tree that grows up through the roof of the bar!

Key West
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eerie Capt. Tony's question...

there is a skeleton in capt tony's, did she get a refection of it?

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
Level Contributor
2,307 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eerie Capt. Tony's question...

Post a link to the picture.

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eerie Capt. Tony's question...

No Bonez, don't think it was a reflection. It's along the wood panel up near the ceiling. It's actually on my facebook page if you want to take a look.

Also, I will try to figure out how to post the link here; not terribly computer saavy, but my son is. I'll see what I can do.

mohrsville
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eerie Capt. Tony's question...

That's the beauty of Key West. To most visitors Capt. Tony's may seem like just another bar to most people , but if you peel back all the layers , there is great history and some creepy tales!

Western...
Level Contributor
3,800 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eerie Capt. Tony's question...

Would love to see the pic. Capt. Tony's is a cool place but man if they ever turned on the lights on in there it would be gross. lol

PJ

Frozen North
Level Contributor
1,969 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eerie Capt. Tony's question...

Lol, PJ I try not to look around too much in there, but I love the punch. If I remember when we are out tonight, I will try and take a look

Western...
Level Contributor
3,800 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eerie Capt. Tony's question...

Hey dmilbury! I alway walk in and get a punch for the road love that stuff. Hope Buster hasn't put to big a dent in the Bud's down there. lol

PJ

Berwick, Maine
Level Contributor
1,339 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Eerie Capt. Tony's question...

I think they may run out!!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
86 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Eerie Capt. Tony's question...

I'm LOL at the "red bra next to the coral bra." I thought I spied a lavender bra up there until I realized it was just a filthy white one. Ick! Agreed, keep the lights low.

I would love to see that pic, too. I eat that stuff up.