We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Happy Hour

Chicago, Illinois
7 posts
1 review
Happy Hour

Hi,

We are traveling to Key West in March and have only 2 days! Looking for places that can't be missed, good bars/restaurants and best Happy Hours! Also, not necessarily the "touristy" spots - off the beaten path is fun too :)

Any suggestions are appreciated!

7 replies to this topic
South Jersey
Level Contributor
3,789 posts
68 reviews
1. Re: Happy Hour

Did you notice the top thread?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
99 posts
45 reviews
2. Re: Happy Hour

I'd highly recommend Blue McCaw... awesome HH specials, and a Make your Own Bloody Mary bar that should not be missed.. great music as well!!!!

Adrian, Michigan
Level Contributor
585 posts
69 reviews
3. Re: Happy Hour

Where are you staying ? On short stays I would recommend going to the bight and walking around a bit to get a lay of the land . Spy out the happy hour signs and decide where you want to go . Get there Early . If a HH starts at 4:30 be there then or you may have to wait a long time for a seat . that said , my favs are , IN no particular order ,

Boathouse

Pepe's

Half Shell raw bar

Alonzo's

Take a tour of the First Legal Rum Distillery . Stop in at Kino's for a pair of high quality low cost KW made sandals .Commotion on the ocean is a great time .Of course , the gotta do's are , Hemmingway House , sunset at mallory square and selfies at Southernmost point marker . Breakfast at Blue Heaven or key lime pie can't be beat . Lunch at Garbo's or Bien . People watching with beers from Bo's fish wagon , even better if there's a band . If you're into or interested in Cuban food El Sibbony is terrific . Get up and walk around . There are so many unique places and things to do and the're all so close together . Just look and listen , follow your instincts .

Deerfield Beach...
Level Contributor
863 posts
95 reviews
4. Re: Happy Hour

My top two places for happy hour food are Alonzo's and Martin's. For happy hour cocktails I also recommend The Saint and Lucy's. We live on happy hours when we are in Key West.

Pjk
Plainsboro, New...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
38,960 posts
121 reviews
5. Re: Happy Hour

If you mean two nights, try to get out onto a sunset sail on one of them. Many people love Fury's Commotion on the ocean which has a live band. And it's even better than a happy hour since you can imbibe as much as you like. It also has food.

Pjk

Chicago, Illinois
7 posts
1 review
6. Re: Happy Hour

Great idea to walk around early and check out the HH spots!

We are taking the "fast boat" from Ft. Myers and staying near the Hemingway House for 1 night. So time is of the essence! Can't wait!!!

Thanks so much for all the recommendations :)

Berwick, Maine
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Happy Hour

We do a lot of HHs around the Island and although we're not foodies or tend to go to the upscale restaurants, our favorite would be the Boat House. HH starts 4 pm but know that you need to be there well before to even get a seat at the start.

Buster

Reply to: Happy Hour
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted