We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Key Largo over Thanksgiving

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Key Largo over Thanksgiving

Hi, we'll be in key largo over thanksgiving...just wondering do we need to book restaurants, will they be heavily booked as it's a holiday or can we just rock up on the day...not sure how much variety and volume of restaurants/options will be available? Thanks everyone!

Key Largo, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key Largo
Level Contributor
1,996 posts
205 reviews
1. Re: Key Largo over Thanksgiving

Hello!

Ir depends on the restaurant to a certain extent. If you'd like dinner st Fish House or it's sister restaurant, Encore, definitely make a reservation. If you select Sharkey's the Galley, probably not. Marriott's Gus Grill is taking reservations.

My advice is, yes, make a reservation as there are usually a lot of tourists in the Keys over the holiday

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Key Largo over Thanksgiving

Thanks for the advice! That's a big help....wouldn't normally worry but as it's a holiday and we're only there for a day or two don't want to be tracking down food at night :-) Thanks again!

key largo
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Key Largo over Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was never my favorite Holiday. I know, I'm weird. I hate turkey (unless it from a deli) pumpkin pie, cranberry sauce, yams (gag). THEN, I discovered "Ballyhoos" in Key Largo. For the last 15 years, we've gone there for Thanksgiving, never need reservations. All you can eat Stone and Snow Crab and cheesecake for dessert. Now THAT'S Thanksgiving! There are many Restaraunts open that serve the more traditional meal, usually there is a list printed with menus in the newspaper the prior week. Reservations are usually necessary.

4. Re: Key Largo over Thanksgiving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Key Largo
Recent Conversations