We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need itinerary suggestions Miami to the Keys this week

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
32 posts
6 reviews
need itinerary suggestions Miami to the Keys this week

I am a mature woman traveling solo. willing to drive up to 2 hrs from Miami to the Keys, or could take greyhound bus to the Keys. Just wanted to look around. which Key should I visit? where should I stay? What's to do. Should I go to more than one Key?

Key Largo, Florida
Level Contributor
350 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: need itinerary suggestions Miami to the Keys this week

The first Key is Key Largo. It is very quiet there, with most activities involving the water....snorkeling, diving, fishing, kayaking. It is about 60 miles south of Miami, not a bad drive. Pennekamp State Park is a great stop.

About 20 miles further south is Islamorada, and fishing is the main attraction.

Half way down is Marathon, much busier, lots of activities.

Key West is at the end, 100 miles from Key Largo. This is where most people head, lots of bars and shopping. Very busy.

How far you go depends on what your interests are. I would recommend driving yourself over taking the bus. It is a beautiful drive, and while only 100 miles, to do it justice it does take at least 3 hours.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
16,442 posts
37 reviews
2. Re: need itinerary suggestions Miami to the Keys this week

Unless you are going to key west only (3 hrs to drive yourself, more time on greyhound. ). You will need your own car to look around. Marathon/key colony beach are exactly 2 hrs from Miami without stops. But you need to make stops.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
32 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: need itinerary suggestions Miami to the Keys this week

Thank you so much.

4. Re: need itinerary suggestions Miami to the Keys this week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 17:17
Get answers to your questions about Key Largo