We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Key Largo vs Key West

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
206 reviews
Key Largo vs Key West

I am thinking instead of doing 4 days in Key West, doing 3 and 1 day in Key Largo on way back to mainland.

Now comparing the 2 places.

What unique things does Key Largo have over Key West, that make it totally interested and diverse from other city?

What is the main attraction to Key Largo

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
5,593 posts
165 reviews
1. Re: Key Largo vs Key West

For me it's the reef - I generally prefer the diving and watersports in Key Largo.

Key West is a place that you can walk around with lots of bars, nightlife and sometimes 'tacky' tourist attractions.

Key Largo is mainly set out along the main road (US1). There are however plenty of places to visit.

Both are worth visiting. Google maps street view should give you an idea of what te two towns are like.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
19,279 posts
61 reviews
2. Re: Key Largo vs Key West

Key West is totally different to Key Largo as it is a walkable city with masses of interesting sights to see, museums, historic houses, aquarium etc etc.It has beaches, lots of great restaurants and nightlife.

Key Largo, as g0akc says, is set out along the main road and not at all walkable.The John Pennecamp Underwater State Park at Key Largo is well worth a visit and there is the Wild Bird Sanctuary but not a lot else. As I wrote in your other post, you can easily visit the Everglades from Key Largo.

Hope you have a great time.

3. Re: Key Largo vs Key West

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 00:15
Get answers to your questions about Key Largo