We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coconut Palm Inn vs Hampton Inn?

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
44 posts
15 reviews
Coconut Palm Inn vs Hampton Inn?

Looking at these two places for two nights in Key Largo. The price difference is just over a hundred dollars, with Coconut Palm Inn being the more expensive of the two. We will be driving in from Miami, no boat. Thoughts?

4 replies to this topic
Kent
Level Contributor
7,458 posts
80 reviews
1. Re: Coconut Palm Inn vs Hampton Inn?

We had a night at Hampton inn And really liked it, they have a nice beach area where we could watch people paddle boarding and try to spot any sea life, the rooms are very nice and large and the breakfast was ok too They have a nice swimming pool and tiki bar but it wasn’t open while we were there, I would save the extra money for something else

Florida Keys...
Level Contributor
2,238 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: Coconut Palm Inn vs Hampton Inn?

I haven't stayed there, but I've heard coconut palm inn is very nice. Just so you're aware, it's in Tavernier, which is the next town South from Key Largo. If you're planning on exploring Key Largo you're probably 8 to 10 miles south of most things (like John Pennekamp park, the main marina with snorkel/dive/glass bottom boat etc). It may not be an issue for you, but there's not much to do in Tavernier itself.

If you're planning on exploring Islamorada and further South you might see that as a plus.

Edited: 04 September 2018, 14:22
SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
12,250 posts
156 reviews
3. Re: Coconut Palm Inn vs Hampton Inn?

I’ve stayed at Coconut Palm Inn and thought the property was very nice. It’s in a beautiful bayfront setting tucked away from Route 1. It has a very “keys” feel with small buildings spread out on a lush property full of coconut palms. When we were there they had a decent continental breakfast and also had a nice sunset wine celebration with s’mores made around a fire pit. We were disappointed in our room since they called it a Bayview Suite and it was not 2 separate rooms. We also thought the terrace would be private, but it was shared as a common walkway. The beds were great and the room was very clean. If I stayed again in a bayside suite, I would stay on the first floor where the patios are a bit more private. The pool was also good sized and very nice.

I haven’t stayed at the Hampton Inn so can’t compare, but I assume the hotel itself is kind of like a Hampton Inn anywhere. Coconut Palm Inn is a more unique feeling place to stay. I’m not sure that’s worth another hundred a night, but that’s up to you.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
44 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: Coconut Palm Inn vs Hampton Inn?

Thank you for the advice!!!

Reply to: Coconut Palm Inn vs Hampton Inn?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Key Largo