We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Small motel/beach houses on beach?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Small motel/beach houses on beach?

Last time I went to Key West I stopped at a gas station and their was a motel on site I believe. In that area between KW and I believe Key Largo there were some smaller motels with really pretty small beaches. Anyone know where these are? It’s kind of hard to search for online not even knowing which key they are on. These I saw from the highway. Thanks for the help.

7 replies to this topic
Kent
Level Contributor
7,543 posts
81 reviews
1. Re: Small motel/beach houses on beach?

Drop anchor has a small beach area, but not so that you can get in the water from it, also seashell motel in marathon has a small beach area

Jon
Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Key West, Avalon
Level Contributor
1,933 posts
225 reviews
2. Re: Small motel/beach houses on beach?

conchkeycottagesfloridakeys.com/accomodation…

Have a look at this. One of our friends who was an innkeeper at The Andrews Inn used to go here for mini staycations when she didn’t want to travel too far.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
16,667 posts
36 reviews
3. Re: Small motel/beach houses on beach?

Conch Key Cottages are no more. (and not a gas station for miles.)

Jon
Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Key West, Avalon
Level Contributor
1,933 posts
225 reviews
4. Re: Small motel/beach houses on beach?

That’s a shame. I always wanted to check it out.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
16,667 posts
36 reviews
5. Re: Small motel/beach houses on beach?

It was a cute place.

And it can be yours to rebuild ;)

…idxbroker.com/idx/details/listing/a066/5786…

Charlotte, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina
Level Contributor
3,077 posts
31 reviews
6. Re: Small motel/beach houses on beach?

The most complete listings of these old Florida type places that I have found(we love them!) is on http://www.fla-keys.com/ You must look under each area of the Keys (links to each area found on the home page) then search under accommodations...then under type of accommodation, but they are listed. Some of the smallest, most quaint places may just have a name and phone number listed, other places have links to their websites. Often if searched, even the ones listed without a website, will have a website..if you have a name you can also search reviews on TA. Most of these old-school, Keysy type places are in Key Largo, but there are some further down the island chain too. Some of our favorites- in Key Largo-Bay Harbor Lodge, Sunset Cove, Popp's Motel, Rock Reef Resort. In Islamorada- Lookout Lodge, Kon Kiki Resort, and Coral Bay. In Marathon-Gulf View Resort. We usually try to stay a night or two in these places when going to/from Key West.

Upstate New York
Level Contributor
2,023 posts
14 reviews
7. Re: Small motel/beach houses on beach?

The ones that you are remembering may have been the ones on the stretch along Grassy Key that were heavily impacted by the hurricane.

Reply to: Small motel/beach houses on beach?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted