We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indian Shores accomodations and must do's?

Branson, MO
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Indian Shores accomodations and must do's?

We are coming to Indian Shores for the first time in August. We are staying at Seagate unit 503 if anyone knows anything about this particular unit we would appreciate feedback. Many of us are wanting to go deep sea fishing for the first time. Which company is the best to use? Any other must do's that you have experienced will be appreciated.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Indian Shores accomodations and must do's?

No info on that property, sorry. But, some fishing info here...

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34141-i132-k33641…

Clearwater Beach Marina is just about a 15-20 minute drive North of IS.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
1 post
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Indian Shores accomodations and must do's?

Sorry, no info on your accommodations. As for the deep sea fishing, only having done it once in rough water in the off season I would immediately recommend motion sickness pills regardless of the size of the boat. LOL

Regardless of what you choice to do, weather is of great importance for an enjoyable experience and if the captain can go out safely, they will it, is a business after all.

We, five of us, looked at the large boat and the small boat charter. Our research was on line and neighbour recommendations.. The immediate difference is the cost, approximately $50.00 per person on the large boat and $400.00 on the smaller charter. Both are for about 4 hours out including travel time,any longer and the cost goes up accordingly.

LARGE BOAT

For $50.00 you are one of many who has their line in the water from a large boat and if it is busy, you may be in close quarters with the next person. However a larger boat means a stabler platform to fish from and better amenities on board. In the off season there is a minimum number of customer required before it is economical to go out but during your time I would imagine it would not be a concern. Again, you are one of many and getting motion sickness, hang in until the trip is over. They will not turn the boat around for you.

SMALL BOAT (our choice)

Most of the small boat charters will take a maximum of 6 people. If you can get a group of 6 or less, the cost is then divided accordingly. In this case you "own" the boat and in our case anyone could "call it" in the event of motion sickness (and I did after 3 hrs). If you do not have a group but wish to take a small charter, a search on line will find you a listing in the area and see if they need additional people to make up a trip. Again the down side is that no one person has authority to " call it", except the captain.

OR, what I would do, in hind sight, is go to the pier the day or two before, after checking the weather, and view the local small charter boats (checking out boat size, amenities, and overall boat impression) Speak to the captains, to see what is available and the cost (probably not too much room to move due to fuel costs) to go with a partially filled boat..

BOTH large and small boats will offer cleaning and some will have a restaurant close by that will cook your catch. They both offer the licence to fish and all of the equipment to do so. Just pay up and get on board. Not sure about the big boats but I suspect they do,but the small boats will also bait your hooks with the appropriate bait. Smaller boat would have the personal service.

Another option to consider, may be inter-coastal water charters or base fishing charters. I saw boats available but did not check them out, this year.

Good luck.

Hope it helps, from a novice deep sea, land loving wanna be "fisherman"

Edited: 31 January 2013, 22:14
3. Re: Indian Shores accomodations and must do's?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2014, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Indian Shores