We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time travel

Pekin, Illinois
2 posts
Save Topic
First time travel

Hi, we are planning a week stay in Indian Shores July 21-28. I've read and heard about how hot it is and possibly wet during this month but unfortunately this is the only month we can go with the kids. We could possibly go July 14-21 so my question is would one week make a difference, if we went earlier, as far as weather? I really want this to be a fun family vacation but I'm worried now this is going to be miserable for everyone. We are staying on the beach and also have a pool.

Thank you!

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time travel

The rainy season usually starts around mid-June. The usual Summertime pattern is sunny and hot/humid during the day. Then, sometime between 2-5 in the afternoon, it will rain for an hour, maybe two, then be sunny again.

All day rains, while they can happen, are pretty rare, and the shorter afternoon rains are welcomed many times, as it tends to cool things down a bit. Don't worry, great time to visit, though hot, and I'm sure everyone will have a great time!

Pekin, Illinois
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: First time travel

Thank you! That makes me feel better. :)

3. Re: First time travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 01:16
Get answers to your questions about Indian Shores