We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling to Fort Pierce March 2009

wisconsin
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling to Fort Pierce March 2009

My husband and I will be staying in Fort Piece March 2009. We have reservation at the Royal Inn. I have read the reviews and they seem to be good, have read the property has been recently taken over by a management company, hoping the service doesnt change. Does anyone have information on the general area is it a safe area, are there good restaurants, golfing?? Looking forward to the trip. All information would be appreciated.

Thank you

SW Illinois
Level Contributor
370 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling to Fort Pierce March 2009

My husband and I are traveling to Fort Pierce in next month, also -- for spring training, as I assume you are? We're staying at the Dockside Inn.

Anyway, we're interested in restaurant recommendations and in WiFi availability in the Ft. Pierce area.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
15,239 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling to Fort Pierce March 2009

Ft. Pierce is kind of divided. It has some areas near US1 that are not so great and they are trying to improve. Dockside is safe, my husband has stayed there many times. He takes his boat and has never had any problems. It's not fancy but it's clean and is located right on the river. Pretty much everything on the east side of US1 is a safe area. There are some good restaurants near the city marina at Fishermans Warf that are good and I believe there may be a couple on beachside.

I can't answer any questions about the Royal but the location looks good and the reviews look good.

You can always travel about 20 minutes north to Vero Beach for a wide variety of decent restaurants. The Patio has just reopened, the Ocean Grill is good and there are many chain restaurants, a decent mall, movie theater, etc in Vero Beach. The beach area has some nice shops too.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling to Fort Pierce March 2009

Thank you for the information. We have decided to rent a condo at Ocean Village, as the Royal Inn was sold, and the new review isnt as good as previous ones.

Thanks much

Dallas, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling to Fort Pierce March 2009

Hi. Just wanted to let you know that new management didn't take over till March 2009. The bank was managing Jan and December which is when that bad review came in. Since that review, every review has been top notch. Just n case your coming to the are next year! Also the website is www.royalinnbeach.com and they have a new number 772.672.8888

5. Re: Traveling to Fort Pierce March 2009

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2009, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Fort Pierce