We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chucks Steak House on SE17th closing

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,010 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Chucks Steak House on SE17th closing

On 19th October, apparently the one on Commercial will remain. There was a Groupon offer earlier in the year, so if anyone wants to use it at the SE17th location needs to act soon.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,240 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chucks Steak House on SE17th closing

I got an e-mail about three days ago directly from Chucks that the 17th St location would no longer be serving lunch ( the Commercial Blvd location had never served lunch) but not that they would be closeng entirely. We are on their mailing list. I'll check into it and verify directly with them tomorrow.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,240 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chucks Steak House on SE17th closing

I just forwarded Sue a copy of what I had received directly from Chucks about their closing the lunch service on 17th- it looks to me like they -plan to still be open for dinner at both places- but I'll call them just before dinner time tomorrow to verify and repost what they say.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,010 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chucks Steak House on SE17th closing

Chuck's Steak House

We would like to thank our loyal customers for many years of business. Our 17th Street location was sold and will be closing its doors on October 19th. Commercial Blvd location will remain open and operating as usual. If you would like to book a parties for any occaision, please call the Commercial location at 954-772-2850.

That was the post they made on Facebook. Looks pretty final to me.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,240 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chucks Steak House on SE17th closing

Wow, yes- and just a few days after what I sent you... what a shame... Haven't checked my e-mail yet today - hopefully they will notify those of us on their mailing list directly again.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,830 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chucks Steak House on SE17th closing

WOW - that's sad - It's been there for a whole lot of years! I wonder what will be going in there.

Edited: 27 September 2013, 13:18
Ft Lauderdale
Level Contributor
239 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chucks Steak House on SE17th closing

Another bank or Cvs drugstore probably lol

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,240 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chucks Steak House on SE17th closing

Yet as late as yesterday, I was still getting e-mail ads from Chucks listing both the 17th St and the Commercial Blvd locations- wonder what that is all about. There are already a CVS and a Walgreens each about a block away from that Chucks location, so probably not the case, though they are springing up all over town , so I know what the poster means. We have a standing joke in my crowd that wherever one of those drugstores springs up, it means the other is about to build across the street.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Chucks Steak House on SE17th closing

I think it has been there forever. Didn't they used to have their menus painted on wooden 'wine' bottles?!? Too bad :(

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,240 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Chucks Steak House on SE17th closing

Just got the word that what is opening where Chuck's used to be is a new branch of the fairly new chain PDQ which specializes in fried chicken tenders. It seems to be doing well in two other locations here, one in Oakland Park and another in Pompano. I just can't get excited about chicken tenders and if I'm gonna have them , I will still get them at someplace like MIckey D's , even if PDQ does upscale them a bit and adds blueberries to their coleslaw etc ... it's just not worth a the higher price to me... but clearly others are big fans. Nothing fancy- they have a take out drive up window- remind me of sort of the Chipotle of chicken.

But that does seem to be what is moving in - as opposed to bank -which others had theorized.

Orange, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,245 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Chucks Steak House on SE17th closing

That's too bad LuLu. I was hoping for a decent seafood place that wasn't too expensive. I always feel that the seafood places around FLL are pretty expensive, even by CT standards.