We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ft. Lauderdale boat tours to see the Christmas lights

Boston...
1 post
Save Topic
Ft. Lauderdale boat tours to see the Christmas lights

We will be in Ft. Lauderdale (Dec 20-31) prior to a cruise and would like to see the Christmas lights. We would rather have just a ride, not a dinner cruise as we have 6 kids in our group of 14. Would it be best just to hop on a water taxi?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,238 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ft. Lauderdale boat tours to see the Christmas lights

The Carrie B has usually added a night time cruise for viewing holiday lights- but I don't see it listed on their site at this point- however there is a contact link there so you can ask if it's going to be added.

carriebcruises.com/fort-lauderdale-sightseei…

Ir's a bit more comfortable than the Water Taxi boats , with a choice of indoor seating or a nice outdoor deck area - and you can move around much more readily- they have a cash bar available, but don't serve meals.

I'll check the Riverfront Cruise boat as well to see if they have anything scheduled- they just might not have announced it yet.

I will say that in this economy I did not see as many lavishly lighted homes last year as I recall from previous years- people seem to be cutting back a bit.

Edited: 09 October 2011, 14:22
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,238 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ft. Lauderdale boat tours to see the Christmas lights

Riverfront Cruises ( on the yacht Anticipation) has listed only a 5 PM cruise for 90 minutes- you may see something at that time or you could check to see if anything is added seasonally- I know I attended a Christmas Party on that yacht once and I am pretty certain our large group was not the only bunch on board for it- but it may have involved a buffet for that one sailing.

http://www.anticipation.com/riverfront/

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
390 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ft. Lauderdale boat tours to see the Christmas lights

A private boat for up to 8 persons is $700.00 for 4 hours - the boat takes you to dinner and then you watch the parade , a pretty good deal if you can get 8 people !

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
390 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ft. Lauderdale boat tours to see the Christmas lights

If you need more info contact me http://www.sunandfunshuttle.com/contact.html

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,238 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ft. Lauderdale boat tours to see the Christmas lights

I think they are looking for lights , not the Boat Parade ,as they are coming Dec. 20 and I believe the Boat parade is weeks earler than that

Do you know if Carrie or Riverfront Cruises are adding a holiday lights cruise that leaves later in the evening just for theh oliday perod , as I know they previously did in past years? ( can't remember if they did it last year or just years prior to that.)

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
390 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ft. Lauderdale boat tours to see the Christmas lights

Sorry - I shouldn't try to do 2 things at once ! - I just spoke to a concierge and they told me everything depends on how business is - so I guess that means that if there getting enough business or at least interest you'll see later cruises - but nothing concrete - she also said she doesn't remember anything last year

North Fort Myers...
Level Contributor
1 post
152 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ft. Lauderdale boat tours to see the Christmas lights

Take the Water Taxi.. you can ride all day for $20. That means you could catch the closest one to your hotel and head to the beach, walking las alos, riding past the cruise ships to Hollywood Beach, etc.. then at night hop on with the same ticket and tour the waterfront lighted homes. Most guides on the boat are excellent at telling you about the area and the history of the homes. It's really the best deal for a water tour around Fort Lauderdale.

Also. for an excellent lunch, the watertaxi stops at Bahia Mar. It's dockside dinning at a very reasonable price.

Enjoy your cruise!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,238 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ft. Lauderdale boat tours to see the Christmas lights

I think it is a $10 fee to take the night time Water Taxi lights tour ( which is a special one called the Winter Festival of Lights) I don't think that activity is included in the $20 all day fare- but I may be wrong- passengers may want to check before buying to be sure. As far as I know this is the first time ever water taxi has offered the evening lights activity.

9. Re: Ft. Lauderdale boat tours to see the Christmas lights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2012, 10:16