We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach etiquette

Georgia
Level Contributor
373 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
Beach etiquette

Enjoyed a lovely day this past Sunday on the beach. Put up the umbrella chairs and enjoyed the morning. Went home for lunch and when we returned this people had put up a tent with three foot tall speakers blaring music that I can only compare to being at a rave! Who does that? When I am at the beach I want to hear the waves and the birds not your music. We lasted an hour and left.

3 replies to this topic
Saint Augustine...
Level Contributor
535 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach etiquette

Wow I don't blame you! I live just south of St augustine Beach and I haven't run into that where I live, but we have police beach patrols that would squash that. I think because no alcohol is allowed on the beaches in St John's county it doesn't attract the party crew.

Apalachicola...
Level Contributor
2,529 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach etiquette

Obnoxious people engage in this type of behavior and have no clue about respecting others around them. I feel the same about lines of people surf fishing. I arrive late afternoon and stay late - most folks are packing up when I arrive. In your situation I think I would have either started dancing which would have resulted in them turning the music off to make it stop or moving my set up down the beach.

Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach etiquette

Sorry no different than on the highways or the malls. Some have manners and some do not!

Reply to: Beach etiquette
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Flagler Beach
Recent Conversations