We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Englewood, Why?

Which Englewood hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,965 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Englewood, Why?

I am coming to the Gulf Coast the day after thanksgiving to have a look around at property.

For those of you who either own there, or just holiday there, why did you choose this area over others?

I have stayed in this area before, at the Palm Manor Apts. I have also stayed in Sarasota, Naples and Ft Myers and will be considering those areas as well.

A

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,965 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Englewood, Why?

Sarasota and Naples have responded to my posts, but not Englewood.

Wake up and tell me your story?! Bump.

Liverpool, England
Level Contributor
129 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Englewood, Why?

Where do I start, I am from the UK and we had a holiday in Rotonda West a few years ago and absolutely fell in love with the area, it is beautiful, great restaurants, fabulous beaches and never over crowded, in fact most people have never heard of it so you don't have the commercial side to it like in other Florida resorts close to the sea. We loved it that much that we bought a lot in the Pine Valley Area of Rotonda West in the hope that some day we can build our dream home on it. We are visiting Rotonda again in December for two and a half weeks and couldn't think of a better place to be.

I am sure you will love the area, you are close to neighbouring towns like Sarasota, Venice and even Naples if you fancy the drive and Fort Myers is only an hour away with outlet shopping.

Enjoy I am sure you will.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,965 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Englewood, Why?

So,

what are your fav places to eat there? I used to like the one on the bridge over to Manasota key, but they knocked it down and biult a condo. Had lunch at Howards jst before the bridge on Sat and it was great- had the crab cake sandwich.

A

Liverpool, England
Level Contributor
129 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Englewood, Why?

Hi Amanx

Our favourite place to eat has to be the Lock N key directly across the road from Englewood Beach. The Gulf View is also nice just along the road and we also like The Outback Steakhouse in Port Charlotte, despite it being a chain it is a fab restaurant and the steaks just melt in your mouth.

Have you had any luck buying a property?

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,965 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Englewood, Why?

One sold Tues PM when I was checking in for my flight home. Thought that with this market it wouldn't be a prob.

Putting an offer in on another maybe later today or tomorrow. Will PM you if sucessful.

Any other waterfront places you rec from Sarasote down to Punta Gorda?

A

Liverpool, England
Level Contributor
129 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Englewood, Why?

Do you mean to eat or to buy property? I presume to eat. Not sure to be honest, we kind of just stay around the area, we are going to try Venice this time though and drive right down the Key, we usually stay around Englewood, Rotonda, Port Charlotte and Boca Grande. Now I would love to be able to afford to live there. You wouldn't think you would have any problems in securing a property in Florida at the moment, but good look with the other property. Where abouts did you decide to buy in the end?

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,965 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Englewood, Why?

I meant to eat. We like to eat in places that have a view of the water- the intracoastal is fine, doesn't have to be beachside.

As for area, looked at houses all over Englewood incl Rotonda, and up to Venice. Found that the Naples and Sarasota ones we liked were farther from the beaches/water than in the Englewood/Venice areas. The one we lost was in Englewood, the other Rotonda West.

Liverpool, England
Level Contributor
129 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Englewood, Why?

If you like eating by the sea there is a restaurant on the Pier in Venice called Sharkeys which I believe has stunning views, the food gets OK reviews so we are going to try that one in December. Will let you know what it is like on our return.

Also the Gulf View in Englewood gives stunning sunset views if you get there at the appropriate time, you have to request a window view though and it is indoor dining.

The Lock and Key, although facing the ocean you don't actually get a view of it whilst you are eating as it is on ground level whereas the Gulf View is on stilts and is elevated.

I am pleased to hear you are looking to buy in Rotonda, it is a lovely area, very quiet and peaceful with stunning villas.

Good luck with the purchase of your home in paradise.

Did you get to Boca Grande whilst you was in the area, that is a stunning place to visit.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,965 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Englewood, Why?

Not this trip, but have visited it in the past.

Worth the money to cross over for the day/evening imho.ave you been to Palm Island?

A

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,965 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Englewood, Why?

PS what rd is GulfView Restaurant on?

A

Get answers to your questions about Englewood