We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family vacation to Destin, Florida`

Pratt, Kansas
4 posts
Save Topic
Family vacation to Destin, Florida`

My husband and I are thinking about taking our 2 kids (one is 3 and one is 11) to Destin this year to spend a week at the beach. I have been trying to look at different places to stay but it is so hard to tell what is what and what is where... hahaha. Any help would be appreciated. We haven't really picked when we are going but it will probably be June or July. We will be driving in from Texas. Will some one please let me know what places are good to stay at, which ones are on the beach and the ones to for sure stay away from? :)

Thanks

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
5,741 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family vacation to Destin, Florida`

You might want to look at the column to the right - Top Ten Questions about Destin - under there is a Question Which condo in Destin should we stay.

U.S.
Level Contributor
3,348 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family vacation to Destin, Florida`

If you were to post more specifics about what you have in mind, then that might help. High Rise, Low Rise, Larger full-service resort or small laid back, closer to Destin and the Harbor..... or maybe not right in the thick of it... Price range... etc.

If you want true beach-front, you will want to note that many resorts just outside of Destin on 98 are actually across that two-lane beachside road from the beach.

Most anything here is nice.

I know that for families with kids, of one is interested in kiddie pools, lazy river etc... I have see Waterscape and Destin West recommended. These are just across the bridge from Destin at FWB.

Edited: 04 April 2012, 23:46
3. Re: Family vacation to Destin, Florida`

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 April 2012, 15:05
Florida
Level Contributor
64 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family vacation to Destin, Florida`

Just remember, Destin is not very big. If you stay in Destin, you will be close to anything and everything. There really are only a handful of bad choices around here - you'll be fine where ever you end up!

kansas
Level Contributor
42 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family vacation to Destin, Florida`

Our family of 4 loves The Coral Reef Club. We rent directly from the owners via vrbo.com. Not sure what the availability will be this close to your dates...

Mississippi
Level Contributor
92 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family vacation to Destin, Florida`

Silver Beach Towers! This will be my family's 9th year in a row to stay there for our week-long vacation in Destin. We wouldn't dare stay anywhere else. It's directly on the beach, and there is a traffic light at the entrance (easy access to Hwy 98 - no waiting for traffic forever to be able to pull onto the road!) 2 pools. Beautifully, modern decor in the rooms. Super nice. Super clean. Walking distance to The Track (your kids would probably love that). Right down the road from Big Kahuna's waterpark. Right in the middle of everything. Perfect location. I definitely recommend it. You can see a few pics of some of the condos on the website, but we book through Abec Resorts.

Destin
Level Contributor
297 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Family vacation to Destin, Florida`

The best place to start your search is the Crystal Beach area- close to the action at Destin Commons and the Mid Bay bridge, yet traffic is not bad there because it is tucked away, with most of the condos on Scenic Hwy 98 (old Hwy 98) being low rises so generally fewer crowds on the beach. It would be listed as the Scenic Gulf Drive West area on VRBO, and the Crystal Beach area on Homeaway.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Family vacation to Destin, Florida`

I agree...Crystal Beach is the best!

9. Re: Family vacation to Destin, Florida`

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 22:41
Get answers to your questions about Destin
Recent Conversations