We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for Beachfront Condo with young children

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
1 post
Save Topic
Looking for Beachfront Condo with young children

Looking for a great place to stay on the beach with two young children >2. Want to be on the beach and have access to a pool. Prefer Condo but would consider resort. Target date for arrival is Mid September. Open to ideas and experience of others for recommendations. trying to spend $1000 for week.

kansas
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for Beachfront Condo with young children

We have a 6 year old and a 3 year old and we visited in July. We chose the Coral Reef Club. We rented unit 12 directly from the owner (vrbo.com). We had an amazing time with first floor access to the beach. There is also a small pool perfect for children...

Tompkinsville...
Level Contributor
47 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for Beachfront Condo with young children

My family usually stays at Pelican Beach Resort. IT's ocean front and has two pools, and is in a great location. The rates are down at that time anyway... a 1 bedroom at 132 per night w/ bunks in hallway, ask for the special, it's 20% off. Also if you tell them you have stayed there before they'll give you an additional 5% off :). If you look online, go to book online, then book your reservation on line and at the bottom of that page you can scroll through units. units start at 201... floor numbers ending in 11 (like, 511,611) etc. signal the end of the 1bedroom. so from 1-11 is the 1 bedroom. You have to scour thru them to make sure you don't get an outdated room, but I bet you'll find one you like. We are staying there in Oct. for 5 nites and the total is around 600$. IT's pretty much one of the biggest bangs for your buck in Destin. I have researched it, believe me! This will be our second visit this yr., and we return there yr. after yr. Good Luck!

Hendersonville, TN
Level Contributor
110 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for Beachfront Condo with young children

We love Jetty East. Easy access to the beach from the pool and vice versa, and beachfront so you can run up to the room to change a diaper or get a snack.

4. Re: Looking for Beachfront Condo with young children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 August 2011, 23:35
5. Re: Looking for Beachfront Condo with young children

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 August 2011, 03:05
6. Re: Looking for Beachfront Condo with young children

Removed on: 18 August 2011, 21:35
Edited: 18 August 2011, 21:35
Texas
Level Contributor
51 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for Beachfront Condo with young children

We stayed at the Ariel Dunes. POOL IS AWESOME. Booked through owner at VRBO. 1 bedroom with bunks on the 22nd floor. The view was so beautiful. Great deal for a great place.

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for Beachfront Condo with young children

We usually rent a house, but stayed at Emerald Dunes # 301 last February. I liked that the complex itself is small, only four stories with maybe 6 to a floor, IIRC. The great big complexes don't appeal to me!

They are individually owned, so I can't speak for all the units, but this one had very nice decor, great washer/dryer and other appliances. Good space for a condo, and a fantastic view. Also in a very convenient part of town, practically across 98 from the Commons. Pool is small, but nice, and there is a hot tub. Loved walking straight out onto the sand, and the view.

Here's a link www.southernresorts.com/bre/property.php…

It actually looks a lot nicer in person than in the pictures. It has a balcony, although they don't show it in the pics, but it's a bit small (the balcony,the condo itself is very spacious with one of the biggest kitchens I've ever seen in a condo) good for maybe 4-5 adults comfortably. We'd totally stay there again. Oh, and it's a two bedroom, but has really cool berth beds...great for kids to snuggle. Also, Southern Resorts is good about giving a discount if you ask we have found.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
280 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for Beachfront Condo with young children

Try Destin on the Gulf. Small building, only 42 units. Inexpensive in late summer.

Maryville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for Beachfront Condo with young children

My family and I (we have a 14 month old) are currently staying at Emerald Towers. I booked it through Panhandlegetaways.com. It is beach front, has a nice pool, and is centrally located. I'd definitely stay here again when we come back to Destin.

Get answers to your questions about Destin