We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short Trip report 7/15-7/19

Covington, La
5 posts
Save Topic
Short Trip report 7/15-7/19

Second year in a row we met my sister and her family and our parents in Destin for a short vacation. Both times we have stayed at Gulf Place Condominiums on 30a and love it, however I think Gulf Place is missing the boat when it comes to evening activities, heck even the the shops close down at night. But the short walk to the beach is easy and the beach is GREAT! did have some june grass but who cares its the beach not the pool! No sign of oil, tar balls, sheens, did see a lot of beach cleaners walking around doing nothing, because there was nothing to do!

The first night we ate at the Beach Bar in the Gulf Place complex. Its ok at best. Next night we ate for the second year at Stinky's Fish Camp, if you have never been you need to go great great food, drinks and atomosphere and the service is second to none. Stinky's stew is a must.

The next morning we went to eat breakfast at the Donut Hole but the wait was way to long so we went back to Stinky's Liar's Club Cafe and had a wonderful breakfast. the Crawfish Etouffee and Grits and the French Toast were outstanding. Third night we make our annual trip to the Red Bar in Grayton Beach as usuall fantastic we love the place!! And to top it off my wife walks in to give our name and prepare to wait an hour+ for our table of nine in the bar and the hostes tells her "oh you can have the table right behind you"

Our last night we went to Seaside and ate at Bud and Ally's Taco Bar and loved it, great food, beer, and margaritas then a walk around and some Gelato at I think the place was Heavenlys or something, it is right next to Southern Cafe, i think?

The beach is great, there is no reason to not go the Gulf Coast

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,489 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short Trip report 7/15-7/19

On our last visit we tried Stinky's for breakfast and we loved it.

Thanks for reminding me about that. I will put it on our list for next week. Enjoyed reading your report. Sounds like you had a good time.

Arlington, TX
Destination Expert
for Fort Worth
Level Contributor
2,488 posts
554 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short Trip report 7/15-7/19

Glad ya'll had fun, I think Gulf Place is a cute area and like the Soho shops. I'm with you, Stinky's has great food and I love the Red Bar!

3. Re: Short Trip report 7/15-7/19

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2011, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Destin