We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling spot in destin reachable from shore

Dallas Texas
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkeling spot in destin reachable from shore

Is there any good snorkeling spots that can be reached from shore?? Nothing exotic....just some different types of fish.

Also, what is the best snorkeling outfit for a reasonable price and location if we wanted to go out into the gulf?

Thanks in advance.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,513 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling spot in destin reachable from shore

BigD, If you will type in "Hawkfish" in the search box beside search in Destin Forums, you will find several posts about snorkeling. I don't snorkel, so I can't help you but I always find the posts and trip reports by Hawkfish very infomative. He has kind of become the unofficial snorkeling expert of the forum. Good luck and have a great trip!

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,489 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling spot in destin reachable from shore

Great pictures from Hawfish here:

tripadvisor.com/…8463548

covington,la
Level Contributor
795 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkeling spot in destin reachable from shore

search the jetties. We saw a manatee there a couple years ago. A friend did tell us lots of boats a few weeks ago. If you are interested you can also do a quick drive to Panama City Beach state park ( I can't remeber name right now) great snorkeling also!

ohio
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkeling spot in destin reachable from shore

St Andrews park Panama City

Greer, South...
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkeling spot in destin reachable from shore

The snorkling boat trips go to the jetties on Holiday Isle. There's a public beach access besdie the Poolside Villa's that you can walk out to the saem spot. The old Crystal Beach pier pylons in frotn of Crystal Sands Condos as well.

6. Re: Snorkeling spot in destin reachable from shore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Destin