We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If you only had ONE day in Destin...what would YOU do?

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
St. Louis
Level Contributor
255 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
If you only had ONE day in Destin...what would YOU do?

Tell me the absolute best time (restaurant, bar, cruise, etc.) you ever had in Desatin and what did it entail? (Keep it clesn folks).

Seven Mile, Ohio
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: If you only had ONE day in Destin...what would YOU do?

You can't go wrong with the original Sea Blaster morning snorkeling cruise. You snorkel, see the dolphins and take a ride up the coast line all for 30 dollars a person.

Evansville, Indiana
Level Contributor
157 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: If you only had ONE day in Destin...what would YOU do?

Beach, Beach, and more Beach.

Roswell, Georgia
Level Contributor
711 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: If you only had ONE day in Destin...what would YOU do?

I would get up early and stay on the beach all day and then go to Marina Cafe or Red Bar for dinner.

ATLANTA
Level Contributor
520 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: If you only had ONE day in Destin...what would YOU do?

I could never go for just one day

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
901 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: If you only had ONE day in Destin...what would YOU do?

Walk out on the Okaloosa Island Pier early in the morning. Go to the beach with the ice chest & find a chair & umbrella. Then go on a sunset cruise on the original Seablaster. Find a place near the harbor, Dewey's, McGuire's or AJ's to eat. Then go to Baby J's for drinks & hopefully hear a good band playing. After a day like that, I would need a DD for sure!!!

Hernando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,267 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: If you only had ONE day in Destin...what would YOU do?

I had a near perfect day yesterday.

Played 9 holes of golf first thing in the AM @ Indian Bayou.

Spent 30 minutes at the office to drop off a closing check.

Hung out at the wide open beach area 2 miles east of the Destin Pass on Okaloosa Island, casting a crocodile spoon and catching Spanish macks in the surf.

Dinner at McGuires with some good friends, grilled/smoked prime rib and some great cabernet.

Drinks at AJs and then Baby Js dancing to some good tunes. Both were packed out for boat week but we managed to find tables. Wrapped it up at the Boathouse for some laughs with Tommy.

Missouri
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
1,801 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: If you only had ONE day in Destin...what would YOU do?

You're killin' me JM! If I only had one day in Destin....it would be spent next to my cooler on the beach. A true beachbum, like the photo says.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: If you only had ONE day in Destin...what would YOU do?

We love to be out on the water, so if we only had ONE day, we'd have to rent a boat from Destin Vacation Boat Rentals, spend the day fishing, snorkeling, tubing, hanging out at crab island, etc. Probably pull up to Harbor Docks for some sushi for lunch, then head to the Old Bay Steamer for dinner.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: If you only had ONE day in Destin...what would YOU do?

The beach, a good book and drinks with little umbrellas.

10. Re: If you only had ONE day in Destin...what would YOU do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2010, 06:17