We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family friendly-hot temp in Florida for Spring Break?

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Columbia, MO
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Family friendly-hot temp in Florida for Spring Break?

We're taking our teenage kids, our oldest daughter is a Freshman in college--and a group of her friends who are Freshmen and Sophomores in college for Spring Break. I, in particular, and, I think all of us would love to find a place that is very warm/hot, but not a crazy Spring Break environment--definitely laid back and a relaxing getaway. What do you think?

Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,491 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family friendly-hot temp in Florida for Spring Break?

Destin is a family atmosphere, not spring break crazy party friendly. As far as the weather, no one can tell you that. You can get averages but it is a crap shoot. We have been there with sweatshirts on using the beach towels as blankets and we have gotten sunburnt all the same week in March. You just take a chance with the weather no matter where you stay.

Colmar, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,775 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family friendly-hot temp in Florida for Spring Break?

Since you said "hot temp", you may want to look farther south around St. Pete Beach, Sarasota, Naples.

Columbia, MO
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Family friendly-hot temp in Florida for Spring Break?

What do you think about Hollywood Beach in the Fort Lauderdale area? Is is going to be crazy over Spring Break--I just got an email of an available house for rent there that's within our budget. Anyone been there?

Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,491 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family friendly-hot temp in Florida for Spring Break?

I would do a search in the Ft. Lauderdale forum. Search for posts on spring break, the rental company or the name of the house you are looking at. Good luck!

5. Re: Family friendly-hot temp in Florida for Spring Break?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 07:20