We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's Eve 2017

Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
New Year's Eve 2017

I am hoping someone out there can tell me the names of some venues that will be having New Year's Eve Celebrations anywhere from Cocoa Beach to Melbourne, Florida area

We are not interested in a "formal attire" type of place. We want a more a laid back, sporty casual place that we can dance the night away to some "oldies" type of music....50's, 60's, good ole rock n roll type of music....not the type of stuff the young people want to dance to.

You know the type of place that caters to a more mature clientele that like to have a good time too

Can anyone tell me if there are any bars/pubs local hang outs that play this type of music on a regular basis...perhaps we'll end up there instead if we can't find a new year's eve celebration like we want

Thanks for your help

23 replies to this topic
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,591 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year's Eve 2017

It's too early to tell which places will have NYE activities. The list changes somewhat from year to year. One reliable venue is the Cocoa Beach Pier, which has thrown the biggest party in the past couple of years. A few of the hotels and bigger bars and restaurants have also had parties.

There are a lot of live-music venues around, but the genre at each can vary from night to night. The local free magazine, "Beachside Resident" has a schedule for each month. Online, you can check http://www.spacecoastlive.com . For NYE, the Florida Today newspaper usually publishes a list of events, but not until December.

Personally, we've been throwing our own NYE party, so we haven't been going out that night recently. Possibly someone else has more experience with the recent offerings and can respond.

Cape Canaveral...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,546 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year's Eve 2017

Last year we spent New Year's Eve at Grills at Port Canaveral. They have great live music there and the band they had for NYE was awesome. Grills is about 45 minutes from our house and we go there frequently on the weekends, but we spent NYE weekend in Cocoa Beach. We actually left Grills around 10:30 and went back to the hotel where we drank champagne and watched the fireworks from our hotel balcony. We plan to do the same thing this year.

It's been a few years since we spent NYE at the Pier, it used to be a fun time.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year's Eve 2017

Just booked 3 nights over NYE in Cocoa Beach. I am excited to see what the Pier has for a party!

Nashua, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Year's Eve 2017

Where do they launch the fireworks?

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Year's Eve 2017

schwartlaw, I don't think they are having fireworks this year. I found this on an events page for the area:

Westgate Cocoa Beach Pier

Westgate Cocoa Beach Pier, 401 Meade Avenue, Cocoa Beach

6 p.m. Ring in the new year at the Cocoa Beach Pier. Guests can enjoy a festive party overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. This event takes place in a family-friendly atmosphere, so bring the kids along (or not) for a good time. Party includes: party favors, champagne toast at midnight, entertainment, and a special menu. Please note, fireworks will not be set off at the pier or in Cocoa Beach. $35. CocoaBeachPier.com

Markham
Level Contributor
4 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Year's Eve 2017

Hi all, we are staying at the Holiday Inn Club Vacations Cape Canaveral, and I just called this morning to see if there are any New Years Eve activities. The woman I spoke to told me there are no activities there because "New Year's Eve is not for children" and I had mentioned I have two kids. Talking to her wasn't exactly the highlight of my morning :) Anyway, anyone know of any family-friendly activities closer to the Port than the Pier (we won't have a car and my understanding is that Cocoa Beach is pretty far from the Holiday Inn Club Vacations)?

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Year's Eve 2017

www.visitspacecoast.com/events/…

I'm sure there is some kind of public transportation that could get your family to events. The Noon Year's Eve at the zoo looks fun for little ones!

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,591 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Year's Eve 2017

The trip from the HI Cape Canaveral Vacation Resort to the pier is too far to walk at night, but there are several taxi companies (and Uber) that can make the trip in 5-10 minutes. During the day, there is (#9) bus service between the two, but service stops around 11 pm.

The Zoo is about 25-30 minutes' drive from the resort -- an expensive taxi ride.

Several restaurants at the port, about a quarter mile from the resort, will have NYE parties, but they have been more adult-oriented in the past.

Nashua, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New Year's Eve 2017

Thanks for the response. Disappointing that there will be no fireworks. I suspect we will find plenty of things going on though.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
257 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New Year's Eve 2017

Lou's Blues in Indian Harbour Beach sounds right up your alley. Always live music playing music from all decades.

Reply to: New Year's Eve 2017
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cocoa Beach