We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best happy hours?

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,806 posts
260 reviews
Best happy hours?

I've looked online for happy hours in Cocoa Beach, and there's not a lot of detailed info. Where is the best place for cheap oysters? Any 2-4-1 drinks specials? Unusual foods? Best bands? Theme nights?

On the other hand, what places should we avoid? We don't mind dive bars (in fact, we prefer the hole in the wall, mom & pop places), but don't like dumpy bars.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,696 posts
35 reviews
1. Re: Best happy hours?

Most bars and many restaurants have happy hours, so it's difficult to list all or just pick one. Typically, the happy hours are from 4-6 or 4-7 on weekdays, but some will start a little earlier, and a few include weekends.

For example, Coconuts, which is on the beach downtown, offers lower prices from 4-7 on weekdays. On the weekends, Coconuts is usually jammed, so they don't need incentives. A glass of house wine is something like $2.50 or $2.75.

Other places have the 2-for-1 deals and discount appetizers.

You could also check out the deals on the web for the Preacher Bar, Rusty's, Grills, Fishlips, and Millikins Reef in Cape Canaveral, The Sandbar and Sunset Waterfront Bar/Grill and the Cocoa Beach Pier in Cocoa Beach. Most of these have some live music offerings also. There are too many others, including the hotels, to mention them all.

If there isn't enough detail online, pick up a free copy of the monthly "Beachside Resident" when you arrive. It lists band gigs, special offers, and has a few coupons.

Most bars are safe, but some would fall into the "dump" category in some people's minds, but others would consider them desirable "dive" bars. I think you will be able to tell hen you look inside, or just look at the parking lot.

Edited: 22 June 2016, 20:47
Virginia
Level Contributor
3,806 posts
260 reviews
2. Re: Best happy hours?

Thanks for the info. We had planned on picking up the Beachside Resident when we arrive, but wanted to know of any personal favorites of the full time residents. We're already planning on hitting the Sandbar, since it's within walking distance of the house.

Orlando
Level Contributor
12,001 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Best happy hours?

I haven't found a decent price for oysters anywhere over there. If someone knows of any, I will listen. The last time I was at Rustys, they were VERY expensive. It was slightly over 1/2 the price at my favorite place in Orlando.

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,806 posts
260 reviews
4. Re: Best happy hours?

We're doing a mini Key West trip within our CB trip, so we may have to get our oysters there. We used to get oysters for 50 cents each until a few years ago, but you can find them for a dollar each almost anywhere in KW.

Orlando
Level Contributor
12,001 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Best happy hours?

The cheapest place I have seen then in Orlando is $26 a bucket. There is a place in Lake County where I have seen them for $22. Rustys was closer to $42, the last time I was there, but they may have specials.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,696 posts
35 reviews
6. Re: Best happy hours?

Molly's, on SR520 in Merritt Island, has raw/steamed oysters on the regular menu for $10.95/doz., but on Mondays, that's two dozen for $15.95. The Sunset Waterfront Grill in Cocoa Beach had the same $10.95 price, but had raised that to $14.95 a couple of weeks ago -- that may just be a market fluctuation. The Old Florida Grill, on US1 about 5 miles north of Cocoa, has a Sunday special of $6/doz. Haven't had any at Rusty's lately, so don't know the current price, but they have all kinds of sauces.

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,806 posts
260 reviews
7. Re: Best happy hours?

Thanks for the info, Photo Travels. Looks like we may have to stop by Molly's on Monday!

8. Re: Best happy hours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2017, 05:17