We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One lunch and dinner in Cocoa Beach.... where?

fairfax, va
Level Contributor
140 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
One lunch and dinner in Cocoa Beach.... where?

Hi! We are coming to Cocoa Beach for one night (pre-cruise), and I haven't been to Cocoa Beach in many years. I'm looking for advice on a cool place to go to lunch (water view is a plus), and a cool/fun place for dinner (atmosphere/water view is a plus). This would be for 4 adults and 3 kids (ages 7-12). Not looking for super, ultra expensive like Ruth's Chris, but something unique. Something non-chain-y......

11 replies to this topic
Apalachicola...
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One lunch and dinner in Cocoa Beach.... where?

There are several places at the Port- none requiring reservations on the canal. Millikin's Reef is the fanciest of all but there is Rustys and Grills, Seafood Atlantic has some limited hours. Florida's Seafood is on the 520 causeway where Gadsby's Dockside use to be- not sure if they have outdoor seating or not but it's on the river. There really is not restaurants with ocean views anymore (like I had in my youth). The Port is a popular place and I end up there in every visit home. It's a pleasant experience. Coconuts is another popular place. I have not been there is years though so look at is current reviews.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,195 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One lunch and dinner in Cocoa Beach.... where?

There are places to eat on the Cocoa Beach Pier.

http://www.cocoabeachpier.com/dining

Or

http://www.coconutsonthebeach.com/

squidlipsgrill.com/cocoa-beach-squid-lips/

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
15,623 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One lunch and dinner in Cocoa Beach.... where?

The places listed above are all great. I would possibly look at lunch in Cocoa Village, lots of little shops and dining places. Ryans has a water view but there are several good places there to eat. The shops are not typical touristy places.

fairfax, va
Level Contributor
140 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One lunch and dinner in Cocoa Beach.... where?

I'm sold on the Cocoa Beach pier for lunch - looks like several cool spots for a drink/food and a great water view. What would be your choice for dinner, if you had to pick one place to go?

fairfax, va
Level Contributor
140 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One lunch and dinner in Cocoa Beach.... where?

Is Fat Kahuna's really expensive? I can't see a menu with any prices.

NC
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One lunch and dinner in Cocoa Beach.... where?

Milliken's Reef is our favorite for dinner. Terrific views right there on the water. One year when we cruised in December, we got to see the Christmas boat parade. We couldn't believe we were sitting there with the doors completely open to the outside and wearing summer clothes in December! :) The food has always been great for us too.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,591 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One lunch and dinner in Cocoa Beach.... where?

Fat Kahuna is reasonably priced and has good, Hawaiian-inspired, food, but it is a small, casual restaurant with limited (dinners) hours, and is hit-or-miss to get into. You can try for a reservation, but they can be difficult.

In addition to the aforementioned restaurant areas at the port, pier, and Cocoa Village, Brano’s Is a good Italian, Heildelburg is a good German, Yen Yen is a good Chinese, Sage is a good Continental, Fat Snook and Florida’s Fresh Grill are good seafood, restaurant choices for dinner. For lunch, consider Sunset Waterfront Grill, with a river view, or the mainstay, Coconuts, with an ocean view. Madd Jack’s has good BBQ, and Barrier Jack’s has good burgers. For atmosphere, try the open-air Sandbar Sports Grill.

There are a couple hundred restaurants in the local area, plus some over in Cocoa, so there is plenty of choice.

fairfax, va
Level Contributor
140 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One lunch and dinner in Cocoa Beach.... where?

If you had to pick one cool place for dinner, non-seafood, on the water, what would it be?

Edited: 20 November 2017, 18:54
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,591 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: One lunch and dinner in Cocoa Beach.... where?

Depends on what you mean by a “water view”. Pelican’s at the Cocoa Beach Pier has the best ocean view, overlooking surfers. Sunset Waterfront Grill has a great view of the sunset over the lagoon and better food and live entertainment (and specials from 4-6). Milliken’s Reef has the best food and live entertainment, but has a water view of the shipping channel, where you can watch the cruise ships depart from about 4-5 p.m. If you consider all three to be a water view, I’d go with a window table at Milliken’s, with the nearby Rusty’s (great outdoor deck but food not as good as Milliken’s) if the weather is good.

Cape Canaveral...
Level Contributor
3 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: One lunch and dinner in Cocoa Beach.... where?

For one dinner with a water view etc, Millikins Reef. I like eating outside though at the bar tables. You can still get everything. But, the view is better etc. frequently, they have live music...

For a casual lunch, I like green room or tiny turtle. It is convenient to downtown. So, you could do a morning beach walk, surf lesson, paddleboard tour, or rent bikes- then cruise in for a good lunch. Have fun!

Reply to: One lunch and dinner in Cocoa Beach.... where?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cocoa Beach