We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what happened to.....

Holt, Michigan
Level Contributor
21 posts
170 reviews
what happened to.....

I used to go to Cocoa Beach/Merritt Island Fla. from 1986-1992. We used to eat at a restaurant called Dockside. You could watch the dolphins, eat shrimp cocktail and drink mismosa for brunch. What happened to this place? did it get renamed? is it closed?

Orlando
Level Contributor
11,963 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: what happened to.....

You can do that in the Port. Look at Grills, Fish Lips, Rusty's, Seafood Atlantic, Millikens, etc., etc.

Orlando
Level Contributor
11,963 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: what happened to.....

If they haven't changed things since they were hit by Matthew last year, Fish Lips actually has a mimosa brunch.

Apalachicola...
Level Contributor
3,549 posts
121 reviews
3. Re: what happened to.....

I was proposed to at Gatsby's Dock Side😍. Our excited server brought us the staffing calendar so we could set our date. The places at the port pale in comparison to Dock Side, Desparados, Wolfies, Alma's, Pelican Point and Benard's Surf. These places live on in my memory.

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,805 posts
260 reviews
4. Re: what happened to.....

FIsh Lips still has their mimosa brunch, it was advertised when we were there earlier this month.

I miss Alma's seafood lasagna...

Level Contributor
285 posts
25 reviews
5. Re: what happened to.....

Great view from restaurants at the Port. Grill's is one of my favorites.

Enjoy.

Detroit,Mi, USA
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: what happened to.....

Hi, Dockside & Gatsby's closed yrs ago. They are now The Sunset Grille & Florida's Seafood (a step in the wrong direction IMHO).

Level Contributor
285 posts
25 reviews
7. Re: what happened to.....

Sunset Grille and Florida Seafood are great places to watch the dolphins on the river. I have been there several times and love it.

8. Re: what happened to.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2018, 04:16