We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 Saturday overnight in Cape Coral/Ft Myers

Newington...
Level Contributor
7 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
1 Saturday overnight in Cape Coral/Ft Myers

We will be staying in Cape Coral for (1) Saturday evening and flying out Sunday midday (first week of December, 2017). Looking for recommendations - a good restaurant (not fine dining), a brewery, a pub - something along those lines. Also any recommendation on what we could and should do on a Saturday night? We have also heard about the Riverfront area in Ft Myers. Any recommendations or "stay away froms" would be greatly appreciated.

Edited: 13 November 2017, 20:23
4 replies to this topic
Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,563 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 Saturday overnight in Cape Coral/Ft Myers

Before we moved to Florida, we used to stay at the Holiday Inn Express in ‘downtown’ Cape Coral. Just an ok hotel, but, good location for bars and restaurants. We were surprised at the number of fun bars and restaurants in the area.

We’ve spent some time in downtown Ft. Myers. There are bars and restaurants there as well. Food wise, I much prefer Cape Coral. There are some fun bars, you would be closer to the airport, assuming you’re flying out of Ft. Myers.

R B
Valrico, Florida
Level Contributor
20 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 Saturday overnight in Cape Coral/Ft Myers

Another hotel is Days Inn & Suites Fort Myers near JetBlue Park. As far as restaurants, Cape Code Fish Company and The Dek Bar come to mind.

Newington...
Level Contributor
7 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 Saturday overnight in Cape Coral/Ft Myers

Thank you for responding....we are going to be staying at the Fairfield Inn in Cape Coral.

I've seen a lot of postings on the Riverfront in Ft Myers - truthfully is it worth it OR a tourist trap?

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,563 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 Saturday overnight in Cape Coral/Ft Myers

I looked on Google maps, and, it appears the Fairfield Inn Cape Coral is actually in Ft. Myers. Seems odd to me.

The Riverfront area in Ft. Myers is simply a refurbished area of the downtown with numerous bars and restaurants. It’s pleasant enough to wander in, but, you don’t want to wander too far, the neighborhood can go down hill pretty quickly, depending which way you’re going.

Reply to: 1 Saturday overnight in Cape Coral/Ft Myers
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cape Coral