We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa rental, which area?

3 posts
Save Topic
Villa rental, which area?

Hi looking at renting a villa next summer and have seen some great properties but not sure what area's are good and which are bad? Plan on staying in cape coral and then day trip out to FMB and surrounding areas/beaches. What would be the best location that is safe, easy to get around from and have shopping/restaurants within a short drive?

Many thanks.

4 replies to this topic
Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,576 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa rental, which area?

We lived in the SW Cape a few years ago while our house was being constructed. I like that part of town, we were about a mile from Cape Harbour with its nice restaurants and a few shops. About four miles to the 'downtown' area of Cape Coral, with all the bars and restaurants there. Off season, maybe 45 minutes to FMB. To be honest, we didn't even try and go during season.

wolverhampton UK
Level Contributor
55 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa rental, which area?

Thank you. What dates would you class of off season? Will be going beginning of July which I'm guessing is peak season?

london
Level Contributor
102 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa rental, which area?

July is off season. Busy season is February to Easter. I like the SW too but try and be below Cape Coral Parkway so you are close to the harbours or close to Cape Coral Parkway to keep your driving to a minimum. SW cape coral is a big area. In my opinion The Sands Boulevard end of Cape Coral Parkway along to the intersection with Pelican Boulevard and everything south from there is lovely. But the South east area below Cape Coral Parkway along the river and close to the Yacht club is very nice too, many of the houses are a little older but you will still have a lovely holiday I am sure. You do tend to spend most of your time outdoors. I would suggest you try and make sure you have a good place to sit outside but out of the sun, July is very hot and you will not want to be in the sun all day. Also its nice to be able to sit outside in the dry when it rains (which it probably will, every afternoon in july).

3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa rental, which area?

Thank you. Have booked a villa bang on the CC parkway so hopefully getting around won't be to difficult.

Reply to: Villa rental, which area?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cape Coral