We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shoulder Season - Early Nov

Chicago
14 posts
Shoulder Season - Early Nov

As luck would have it, my wife and I will be in the area Nov 2-4 for the first time. Was looking forward to taking a scenic lift/gondola ride and enjoying the mountain. Looks like none of them in region will be operating at that time. We are about 2-3 weeks early for winter and too late for summer. Any hope they would extend the weekend schedule at any of them if weather permits? Or is there another option I am missing?

3 replies to this topic
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Steamboat Springs
Level Contributor
577 posts
38 reviews
1. Re: Shoulder Season - Early Nov

I see you posted this on quite a few pages - including Telluride - many of these locations are not close together and can be a fairly long drive from one another. Not sure where you are flying into, but you may want to stay in Denver and do day trips depending on the activities you are wanting to take part in and weather conditions as the weather will probably be warmer in Denver.

November is very quiet in Steamboat, you can hike (weather dependent) but too late for fall activities and too early for winter. The ski area opens on Thanksgiving but most snow driven activities aren't available til mid-December.

If you are wanting to ski in early November, you can try A-Basin or Loveland - they usually compete to see who opens first and are usually open some time in October. You won't be experience great winter conditions - probably not much more than a strip on either ski area.

Chicago
14 posts
2. Re: Shoulder Season - Early Nov

Thanks for the reply. My reason for posting multiple places was we can really stay in any of those areas after we finish our previous commitment. Since we only have 2 nights, we were not looking to ski, just relax and enjoy the mountains. I just figured it would be nice to ride up one of them. Thanks again.

Vestal, New York
Destination Expert
for Auburn, Finger Lakes
Level Contributor
11,510 posts
208 reviews
3. Re: Shoulder Season - Early Nov

http://strawberryhotsprings.com

Reply to: Shoulder Season - Early Nov
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Steamboat Springs