We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Steamboat Springs

Buffalo, New York
2 posts
Honeymoon in Steamboat Springs

We’re headed to steamboat for our honeymoon. I’m excited but overwhelmed. What are some must sees 9/9-9/15? Thank you.

7 replies to this topic
Eagle, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
1. Re: Honeymoon in Steamboat Springs

What are your interests? Do you like to be active? Have you experienced Colorado before? Steamboat has lots of active outdoor activities like hiking, biking, fishing etc.., It has some nice lakes nearby for water activities. The Yampa River runs through town. It has a couple of hot springs in town and nearby. It has a fun western style downtown with shops and restaurants and a farmers market on Saturdays. Mid Septmber Aspens will be beginning to change so its a great time of year.

Colorado
Level Contributor
12,961 posts
16 reviews
2. Re: Honeymoon in Steamboat Springs

Strawberry Park Hot Springs http://strawberryhotsprings.com/

Buffalo, New York
2 posts
3. Re: Honeymoon in Steamboat Springs

No! We’ve never been to Colorado before. We live in Buffalo, NY and the farthest west we’ve been is MI. We are outdoorsy people, so I think we’ve found a nice match in location. I have seen so many things advertised but I’m then I mapquest and it seems to be hours away 😬. I’m thinking a horse back ride, a rafting trip, and of course a nice hike! Should we hike alone or do you think it’s better to have a guided hike. I just don’t want to miss out on anything as I see the area is beautiful. And I know this is a once in a lifetime trip. Thanks for all your input!

Dublin, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
125 reviews
4. Re: Honeymoon in Steamboat Springs

How about rock climbing? I have used Rocky Mountain Ventures many times. Patrick the owner is great. http://rmclimbing.com/summer.html

I even used him for a guided hike on a girls' trip. You will be late in the year for rafting- and the water levels are very low all over the state it may have to wait until your next trip west. The closest rafting to Steamboat is Kremling I believe that is where we went, if water levels are OK you can tube down the river right in town. Have you checked out the chamber's website? It is very helpful.

https://www.steamboatchamber.com

Eagle, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
5. Re: Honeymoon in Steamboat Springs

September rafting and tubing is probably out. The rivers are really low from a dry winter and hot dry summer. You can easily hike without guides trails are well marked. Steamboat is also a mecca for mountain biking with well marked trails. You should find plenty to keep you busy within an hour at most of steamboat.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Steamboat Springs
Level Contributor
571 posts
38 reviews
6. Re: Honeymoon in Steamboat Springs

You may be able to find someone to go rafting on the Yampa or Green in September - you could try Adrift - but it is a couple hours away from Steamboat. It will be too late in the season for any other trips and for tubing. You could still go up to Steamboat Lake and probably rent a boat to get out onto the water - they have a few different options. You can try Dels Triangle 3 for horseback riding, but the availability in the fall is based on hunting season and I do not know what the dates are.

The gondola will be running and there is still lots of hiking and biking available. The Oktoberwest weekend is 9/14-9/16, so you could check that out. I would also take a trip up to Strawberry Park Hot Springs. All the shops and restaurants will be open during your dates.

Edited: 02 August 2018, 14:41
Roswell, Georgia
Level Contributor
105 posts
162 reviews
7. Re: Honeymoon in Steamboat Springs

We loved steamboat!! The rodeo was fun; we went fly fishing and the restaurants in steamboat are fantastic. https:/…

We will definitely be returning. Have a wonderful time

Reply to: Honeymoon in Steamboat Springs
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Steamboat Springs