We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Transfer

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
194 posts
Airport Transfer

My son and I are landing at HDN at 8:00PM on a weekday in July. I wanted to book a car service but the quotes were approximately $230 (house is 5 minutes from the base area). Shared rides are cheaper ($40/person) but those always take so much longer. I also tried putting HDN and the house's address in my uber app but no cars were available (I did use uber in steamboat last summer).

Does anyone know of a more reasonably priced car/taxi service?

Thanks in advance!

2 replies to this topic
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Steamboat Springs
Level Contributor
571 posts
38 reviews
1. Re: Airport Transfer

Private Shuttles from the airport are always fairly expensive. There are 2 companies that will provide shuttle service from the airport - Alpine Taxi and Storm Mountain Express. They both cost about the same and provide similar service. I would not rely on uber from the airport as there are only a couple drivers in town. I would book a shared ride which will not take much longer, especially in the summer months when there are not as many riders.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
194 posts
2. Re: Airport Transfer

Thanks for the info. I was hoping there was a new taxi/car service that i didn't know about. There are always so many new businesses popping up in steamboat. Our neighbors there used to have a "guy" that ran a small driving service but he moved to Wyoming. I agree about uber though. My husband I ubered to town once to meet friends out and 3 hours later we couldn't get an uber home. My 16-year-old had to come and get us in the rental car. Not my finest parenting moment...

Reply to: Airport Transfer
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Steamboat Springs