We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Capitol Peak Lodge

Rogers, Arkansas
Level Contributor
132 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Capitol Peak Lodge

Can someone tell me if Capitol Peak A is the same condo as Capitol Peak Lodge? Also, is Chamonix or Capitol Peak the better ski in/out.

Mentioned in this post
Capitol Peak Lodge
Capitol Peak Lodge
53 Reviews
Snowmass Village, CO
Capitol Peak Lodge
Capitol Peak Lodge
#10 of 23 Speciality lodging in Snowmass Village
The Enclave
The Enclave
#11 of 23 Speciality lodging in Snowmass Village
Beaver Lake Lodge & Cabins
Beaver Lake Lodge & Cabins
#1 of 6 Speciality lodging in Marble
Aspen, CO
Level Contributor
980 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Capitol Peak Lodge

Yes, they are the same thing. "A" refers to one section of the Capitol Peak Lodge and "B" to another (right next to each other, really no difference).

Chamonix is a great property with most any condo I've seen there having very nice decor, but so it Capitol. They're quite close to one another, the main difference is Capitol is directly on top of the Base Village is prime access to ski school, shopping etc. From Chamonix you'd ski down to it, or grab the shuttle for a ride that would be literally seconds to the Base Village after skiing. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Mentioned in this post
Capitol Peak Lodge
Capitol Peak Lodge
53 Reviews
Snowmass Village, CO
New Smyrna Beach, Fl
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Capitol Peak Lodge

I own a 3 br. unit in Capitol Peak and the location is far better than Chamonix. Its all about being in the center of the lifts with access to either Elk Camp gondola or the Village Express.

Mentioned in this post
Capitol Peak Lodge
Capitol Peak Lodge
53 Reviews
Snowmass Village, CO
New Smyrna Beach, Fl
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Capitol Peak Lodge

This is the view from our window looking at Chamonix:

[IMG]http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/8623/122308007wa7.jpg[/IMG]

ELmhurst, IL
Level Contributor
47 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Capitol Peak Lodge

i am doing research on places to stay in snowmass with our 2 small kids (2 & 5) in february 2010. capitol peak sounds great. question: it says you get access to the snowmass club for pools and such. how far is this? is capitol peak part of this property? we are looking at the snowmass club as well but the prices are much higher. advice? this is our first time, btw.

Aspen, CO
Level Contributor
980 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Capitol Peak Lodge

Capitol Peak guests have access to the Snowmass Club amenities because of an agreement with the management company who handles the rentals at that property.

If you were to find a Capitol unit through VRBO or another place where the owners offer their condo directly to the public then you would not have access (and I don't know if there are any available on that site or not anyway).

The Snowmass Club is located less than 10 minutes away by shuttle.

Mentioned in this post
Capitol Peak Lodge
Capitol Peak Lodge
53 Reviews
Snowmass Village, CO
6. Re: Capitol Peak Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Snowmass Village