We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crestwood vs Timberline condos

Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
Crestwood vs Timberline condos

Having trouble deciding between The Crestwood and The Timberline condos for travel this summer with my hubby and 3 kids.. Any feedback would be great.

4 replies to this topic
Colorado
Level Contributor
2,556 posts
142 reviews
1. Re: Crestwood vs Timberline condos

Well either could be fine. Both have individually owned units so if you are doing a VRBO the amenities of that unit might be the decider. One is near Base Village and the other the mall, without you saying anything about what you want to do, when you are coming, whether you will have a car, or other info there is no way to give a location preference.

Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: Crestwood vs Timberline condos

Thanks for your reply. We’re going this summer and will have a car. My kids love having a nice pool. We like having a place where we can walk to shops and restaurants but not totally necessary. My boys love to fish but I’m not sure if either have fishing within walking distance? That would be a huge plus if it did. Nice accommodations are important to us.

Little Rock
Level Contributor
3,415 posts
59 reviews
3. Re: Crestwood vs Timberline condos

They were both built in the early 1970s, so condition is going to depend on the individual owner and when they lastupdated.

You can look on Google maps and see the location. Creastwood you have to walk cross the bunny ski slope to get to the village, Timberline you would just have to walk down (tincline is not insignificant, especially for those out of shape).

Usually the condo management association can tell you when the unit was last updated and they also usually charge accordingly ( The same unit that is older is going to be less $$$ than identical unit that’s recently updated ).

I don’t believe any of the Timberline units are air-conditioned, not sure about Crestwood. I know that if you’re in upper unit or in a loft they can get warm during the day.

Timberline has a nice pool area.

Colorado
Level Contributor
2,556 posts
142 reviews
4. Re: Crestwood vs Timberline condos

I can't think of any walk to fishing. If they are fly fishing, then the Roaring Fork below or Frying Pan above Basalt are renowned fishing.

I would go with Timberline, as long as the unit is nice, due to the fact that there are more events at mall area in the summer and they do have a nice pool. There is a good disc gold course on the mountain above that is great for wearing out boys and the Lost Forest is a pricey but looks like a memorable outing.

https:/…

https:/…farm-to-table-tuesdays

https:/…snowmass-concerts

Reply to: Crestwood vs Timberline condos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Snowmass Village