We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gondola to Westin/Ski School

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
507 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Gondola to Westin/Ski School

We will be in Snowmass for a conference at the Westin in Feb. Obviously, we could stay at the Westin, but I found an awesome condo in the same building as the ski school our daughter will be attending (Treehouse). Is taking the Gondola from the ski school up to the Westin for conference activities a reasonable thing to ask of my husband? How long does the gondola take.

Conversely, how difficult will it be in the morning to get her from the ski school from the Westin?

Mentioned in this post
Snowmass
Snowmass
Colorado
Blazing Adventures Snowmass
River Rafting & Tubing, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Bike Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing
Aspen Snowmass
Ski & Snowboard Areas
5 replies to this topic
Colorado
Level Contributor
2,174 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gondola to Westin/Ski School

There is a ground gondola that runs year around, we call them Skittles after the candy. It runs from the plaza at Base Village (above Treehouse, probably by your condo, Capitol Peak?). The Skittles take maybe 5 minutes, it is not far but there is good elevation change..

It would be just as easy getting her from Westin to Treehouse, just have to carry ski gear which can be a hassle with little ones unless you just do it..

Little Rock
Level Contributor
3,142 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gondola to Westin/Ski School

You can look at Google Maps and see exactly the distance between the two (and the hotels, and the lifts). I definitely would not call it unreasonable. But I guess "reasonable" depends and how accommodating your husband is ;-)

Edited: 26 October 2017, 04:11
Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
507 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gondola to Westin/Ski School

Thanks for the responses! I guess I should have specified that the morning sessions start at 7am...I just didn't want him cursing me if he had to walk awhile in the cold in dress clothes.

On that note, from what I can find, the Gondola doesn't start running until 8 am. That could be a problem with those early morning sessions--I saw there is another shuttle that seems to follow that route (Route 2). Would this be an option for the early morning?

Colorado
Level Contributor
2,174 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gondola to Westin/Ski School

In that case I would stay at the Westin. The walk is not fun if it is cold or icy and is all uphill from BV and bus is not as convenient as skittles.

Little Rock
Level Contributor
3,142 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gondola to Westin/Ski School

Dress cloths ??? Are you sure? Most conferences at resorts such as Aspen-Snowmass are very casual to business casual. I can't imagine they are expected to wear business attire & dress shoes ... in fact dress shoes might be downright dangerous. I'm thinking khakis, a sweater, ski jacket, gloves, and boots with good tread.

I'd stay wherever you get the better/nicer room / accommodations.

Mentioned in this post
Aspen Snowmass
Aspen Snowmass
746 Reviews
Snowmass Village, CO
Reply to: Gondola to Westin/Ski School
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Snowmass Village