We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How is the snow in November in snowmass???

Orlando, Florida
1 post
Save Topic
How is the snow in November in snowmass???

How is the snow in novmeber when snowmass open?

2 replies to this topic
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
20,542 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How is the snow in November in snowmass???

Welcome to the forum. As with any western resorts, a best case scenario in November would be a few runs of manmade snow. Would be the same for Snowmass. I'm generally in Aspen for Thanksgiving weekend. There's usually a run or two but never a lot more than that. If you're thinking of planning a destination trip in November, I would think twice. Snowmass is hoping to open on Thanksgiving weekend.

Have fun.

Colorado
Level Contributor
2,488 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How is the snow in November in snowmass???

Note quite in agreement with T & C on best case scenario. There have been years when the mountain opened early and years when It opened to natural snow over a man-made base.

I would agree that it is not the optimal time for skiing and that limited runs will be open. Most resorts will still be making snow and trying to maintain their base until it gets colder and the big push for skiers in late December.

FWIW, last year Skico reported 27" of snow between Nov 24 and 30 with fresh snow 5 of 7 days. That is NOT a prediction for this year, even though it is snowing right now it will be sunny tomorrow.

Reply to: How is the snow in November in snowmass???
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Snowmass Village