We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about Snowmass Village (Restaurants and shopping)

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
555 posts
77 reviews
Questions about Snowmass Village (Restaurants and shopping)

Hi,

I visited Whistler last year for skiing with my son and he really liked being able to walk from our hotel throughout the village to shops and restaurants. I am wondering if Snowmass village is similar to this or if the village is further off from the hotels? I am kind of confused with the layout after looking at it on the snowmass website. We are debating between going back to Whistler or trying out Snowmass. I personally like to try out new places but my son really enjoyed Whistler. Any thoughts or comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Colorado
Level Contributor
2,608 posts
146 reviews
1. Re: Questions about Snowmass Village (Restaurants and shopping)

Depends where you are staying. There are hotels/condos on or along the mall and others that are just up or downhill of the mall. The land plan focus was on ski in/ski out so the village is on the slope.

Do you have a hotel or condo in mind?

Colorado
Level Contributor
2,608 posts
146 reviews
2. Re: Questions about Snowmass Village (Restaurants and shopping)

See the map at:

…netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/S…

I would look for a place between Campground and Fall roads around the mall. Westin and Holiday Inn Express are the flag hotels. Condos are more of a mixed bag so look at photos of individual units.

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
3,438 posts
59 reviews
3. Re: Questions about Snowmass Village (Restaurants and shopping)

Look at it on Google Earth / Google Maps. Unfortunately Google Street View doesn't show much of Snowmass Village (it does show a lot of the ski runs), but you can still zoom in on Google Earth and also search for things like "hotels" or "Condominiums." What you won't see from Google Earth is the fact that the village is on a rather steep incline, but most condos and hotels have shuttles.

I believe Snowmass Village is significantly smaller than Whistler Village. You might also look at Aspen which of course is a small town, but it's hard to beat​ the ski-in ski-out and huge amount of intermediate skiing at Snowmass

Edited: 26 May 2017, 17:10
Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
7,609 posts
269 reviews
4. Re: Questions about Snowmass Village (Restaurants and shopping)

I have stayed a couple of times at Stonebridge Inn, A Destination Hotel. It's close to the shops and restaurants and I really liked the rooms and staff.

5. Re: Questions about Snowmass Village (Restaurants and shopping)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2018, 09:18
Get answers to your questions about Snowmass Village