We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kids in wineries & wine shipment

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
65 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Kids in wineries & wine shipment

we are very excited about our trip to Palisade in May. Couple of questions-

1. Do the wineries allow kids inside? Any restrictions in general?

2. Can we have wines directly shipped from the winery to our home (Indiana). I know this may vary by winery but was just wondering in general if any places have this option.

Thanks!

6 replies to this topic
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,921 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kids in wineries & wine shipment

Kids should be allowed but verify with winery. Shipping wine is up to laws of each state. In your case, Indiana just changed its law last year to allow.

Have fun.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1 post
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kids in wineries & wine shipment

I'm not sure that kids are not specifically allowed, but these wineries are truly not conducive to them AT ALL. There are breakables everywhere and absolutely nothing for them to do. I can only think of one time in our six years of going there that there were children in one of the wineries and they were obviously bored and disruptive to all of the other adults there. Palisade is definitely not a kid-friendly nor focused place; it's a place for adults to relax and enjoy the beauty and the beverages.

Save Reply
3. Re: Kids in wineries & wine shipment

That's too bad. We recently moved to Co and are now in route to Palisades with our kids. We moved here from Va and used to having many kid friendly wineries......which were some of the most popular!

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
6,680 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kids in wineries & wine shipment

I agree that the wineries are not a good match for kids. Let's face it - this is an adult activity and the goal of the winery is to sell product. As mentioned, there will be lots of wine bottles and wine glasses and not anything for kids to do. The wineries here are small and not very spacious. Wonder what the VA wineries offered for kids.

Edited: 27 May 2017, 22:01
Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
6,680 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kids in wineries & wine shipment

Oh, I just googled "kid friendly wineries VA" and see the difference. They offer bouncy houses, bean bag chairs, snow cones, apple picking, grape stomping, pumpkin bowling, etc. None of those things are offered at the wineries in Palisade. As mentioned, it's a chance for adults to enjoy wine and purchase wine.

FedEx will ship wine from CO to Indiana. Perhaps others will also. Did't check any further.

Save Reply
6. Re: Kids in wineries & wine shipment

So we just went to 3 wineries with our kiddos (6 yr old twins) and though they weren't kid friendly like in Va, they seemed comfortable with the kids. My twins are used to the environment and did great....sat in a corner watching a movie on the iPad.

Reply to: Kids in wineries & wine shipment
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Palisade